- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (substance) goma (f), caucho (m), hule (m) (Mexico/México) (before noun/delante del nombre) rubber band goma (f) (elástica), gomita (f) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , banda (feminine) elástica (Venezuela) , elástico (masculine) (Chile) , caucho (masculine) (Colombia) , liga (feminine) (Mexico/México) rubber boots botas (feminine plural) de goma rubber bullet bala (feminine) de goma rubber check o (British English/inglés británico) cheque [colloquial/familiar] cheque (masculine) sin fondos, cheque de goma or elástico (Mexico/México) or (Colombia) chimbo [colloquial/familiar], chirimoyo (masculine) (Chile) [colloquial/familiar] rubber dinghy bote (masculine) neumático or inflable rubber gloves guantes (masculine plural) de goma rubber goods artículos (masculine plural) de goma rubber plantation plantación (feminine) (de árboles) de caucho or (Mexico/México) de hule rubber ring flotador (m), salvavidas (m) rubber solution disolución (feminine) de gomaMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 countable/numerable (eraser) (British English/inglés británico) goma (f) (de borrar), borrador (m) ink/pencil rubber goma or borrador de tinta/lápiz
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3
- One advantage of this material is that it is more resistant to alcohols than natural rubber latex and vinyl.
- Recently, a coworker told me that there is an alternative to conventional rubber latex that is not a synthetic product.
- Many of the ailments were caused by the ammonia that is added to rubber latex mixture to keep it liquid.
(rubbers plural)(American English/inglés norteamericano) chanclos (masculine plural) or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) galochas (feminine plural) 1.4 countable/numerable (condom) (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot], globo (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], paracaídas (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], goma (feminine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], forro (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each case has been filled with much needed resources for the children including pens, pencils, rubbers, rulers and pencil sharpeners.
- They returned delighted, with pens, pencils, rubbers and badges - mementoes from the trip.
- We'll have the usual sort of thing for children like baseball caps, pens, books, CDs, rubbers and pencils.
- It'd be a good idea to back the rubbers up with some foam.
- A couple of beers and a few albums later, Jake asked if Mark had any rubbers.
- Didn't think I was gonna get lucky, so I didn't take any rubbers out with me, and I didn't have any change to get some when I did.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (in bridge, whist) rubber (masculine) 2.2 [Sport/Deporte] serie (feminine) de partidosMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They couldn't beat Jill Schofield and Viv Williamson but won five of the rubbers, top scorers for Poppleton being Kath Halliday and Hilary Spencer winning 22 games.
- In the opening contest of the night Lismore City narrowly defeated RSL six rubbers to five.
- Appleton Roebuck against Wheldrake in division three provided quality tennis worthy of a higher division, the first five rubbers being drawn.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.