Traducción de rule en español:
- 1 countable (regulation, principle) to observe/break the rulesobservar or acatar/infringir las reglas or normasa set of rulesun reglamentothe rules of tennisel reglamento del tenisit's against the rules to take photographs in hereestá prohibido sacar fotos aquírules and regulations to bend o stretch the rulesapartarse un poco de las reglasthe rules of the gamelas reglas del juegothe rule of threela regla de tresto work to rule (in workplace disputes)hacer huelga de celo (Spain)rule of thumb
trabajar a reglamento (Southern Cone)regla generalas a rule of thumbcomo regla generalmy rule of thumb would be …como regla general yo diría que …Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- One can demonstrate to skeptics the explicit rules which govern a skill, or a game, but not those which govern an art.
- He said he did not understand the document explaining rules and procedures for taxi drivers from the council.
- These managers rode roughshod over the rules that govern corporate activity and betrayed the trust of the investors.
- Silicon Valley is still operating under the rules and values I described nearly three years ago.
- It is a descriptive fact that some people do eat peas with a knife, just as many speakers of English do not follow the rules of prescriptive grammars.
- To get through it unscathed, we all have to play by our own rules as much as possible.
- 2 (general practice, habit) (no plural) as a rule the general rule is that I get home firstpor regla general or generalmente soy yo quien llega primero a casacorruption seems to be the rule these daysla corrupción parece ser la norma hoy en díaI make it a rule to reply promptly to letterstengo por norma contestar las cartas enseguidaOraciones de ejemplo
- It's become the norm rather than the rule, and it does nothing to enhance the credibility of the medical profession.
- Starvation is mercifully the exception rather than the rule - when it still exists, it is the result of social inequality rather than an absolute failure to produce food.
- There was a time, decades ago, when third-level education was the exception rather than the rule in Irish society; that is no longer the case.
- 3 uncountable(government) gobierno (masculine)(of monarch) reinado (masculine)it was under foreign/Ottoman ruleestaba bajo dominio extranjero/bajo el dominio otomanothe rule of law they moved from military to civilian rulepasaron de un gobierno militar a uno civilthe rule of the Tudorsel reinado de los Tudor→ majority 1 1Oraciones de ejemplo
- It puts the Republicans in a strange position, because they are in favor of local control and local rule, and here it is on television, local democracy in action.
- During its sixty years of colonial rule, Britain controlled the population by fomenting regional and ethnic divisions.
- Lasting only ten months before Spain resumed control, Britain's rule was of short duration.
- 4 countable (measure)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The plastic template contains rules, measures and a hole-punching guide.
- Bench rules were often made of maple, log and board rules of hickory, and blacksmith's rules and counter measures of brass.
- When there are bubbles, cut into the veneer with a sharp razor blade using a steel rule for guidance.
- 1 (govern, control)(person)
dominar(emotion)you mustn't let that rule your life
controlarno debes permitir que tu vida quede supeditada a esoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Previous governments had ended quickly and violently, the people wanted to be ruled over by a single capable man.
- But the Ruthenians of Galicia had no wish to be ruled over by Poles and drew close to the Czechs in defence of Austro-Slavism.
- Ancient Egypt declined, was overrun and thereafter ruled by foreign powers.
- There are times when you'll have every right to be angry, but you should never let that emotion rule you, or guide you.
- Embarrassment and anger ruled her actions now.
- Essentially, nobody knew what was going on, and emotions were ruling some heads that should have been kept cooler.
- 2 (pronounce) the committee ruled that there were no grounds for dismissalla comisión dictaminó que no había causal de despidoOraciones de ejemplo
- Nearly simultaneously, however, a federal district court ruled that an Ohio city could be sued for discriminatory effects.
- A state appellate court ruled that federal law pre-empted the state claims.
- In a case decided in 1950 the Brussels Court Martial had already ruled that torture in time of armed conflict was prohibited by a customary international law rule.
- 3 (draw)(line)ruled paper
trazar con una reglapapel (masculine) con renglonesOraciones de ejemplo
- Written on ruled paper, the letter was found in a pile of papers at the Greens's home in Gloucestershire.
- A workhorse of a machine was busy feeding a swath of yellow paper from one of these rolls, mechanically ruling the paper with calibrated pins dipped in blue ink.
- Robin got a map from the Land Office with a lot of lines ruled on it, from which the position of our holding could be deduced.
- 1 1.1 (govern)(monarch)to rule
oversomebodygobernar a alguienUnited rules OK (British English)
sobrealguien¡viva or arriba (el) United!1.2 (predominate, be current)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Even in India, its birthplace, where it has been ruling supreme for the last 3,000 years, it has not been able to permeate the masses.
- National Hunt racing rules supreme in this country.
- But if you visit The Venue on other than a weekend night, when music rules supreme, you will find though that there is more to this pub than just music.
Verbos con partícula
separar con una línea
(course of action)his resignation cannot be ruled out
no se puede descartar la posibilidad de que dimitatheir financial problems ruled out any expansion
sus problemas financieros hacían imposible cualquier tipo de expansiónhis injury rules him out for tomorrow's game
su lesión lo excluye del partido de mañana
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda