Traducción de rule en español:
- 1 countable/numerable (regulation, principle) regla (feminine), norma (feminine) to observe/break the rules observar or acatar/infringir* las reglas or normas a set of rules un reglamento the rules of tennis el reglamento del tenis it's against the rules to take photographs in here está prohibido sacar fotos aquí rules and regulations reglamento (masculine) to bend o stretch the rules apartarse un poco de las reglas the rules of the game las reglas del juego the rule of three la regla de tres to work to rule (in workplace disputes) hacer* huelga de celo (Spain/España) , trabajar a reglamento (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) rule of thumb regla general as a rule of thumb como regla general my rule of thumb would be … como regla general yo diría que …Example sentences
- One can demonstrate to skeptics the explicit rules which govern a skill, or a game, but not those which govern an art.
- He said he did not understand the document explaining rules and procedures for taxi drivers from the council.
- These managers rode roughshod over the rules that govern corporate activity and betrayed the trust of the investors.
- Silicon Valley is still operating under the rules and values I described nearly three years ago.
- It is a descriptive fact that some people do eat peas with a knife, just as many speakers of English do not follow the rules of prescriptive grammars.
- To get through it unscathed, we all have to play by our own rules as much as possible.
- 2 (general practice, habit) (no plural/sin plural) as a rule por lo general, generalmente the general rule is that I get home first por regla general or generalmente soy yo quien llega primero a casa corruption seems to be the rule these days la corrupción parece ser la norma hoy en día I make it a rule to reply promptly to letters tengo por norma contestar las cartas enseguidaExample sentences
- It's become the norm rather than the rule, and it does nothing to enhance the credibility of the medical profession.
- Starvation is mercifully the exception rather than the rule - when it still exists, it is the result of social inequality rather than an absolute failure to produce food.
- There was a time, decades ago, when third-level education was the exception rather than the rule in Irish society; that is no longer the case.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (government) gobierno (masculine); (of monarch) reinado (masculine) it was under foreign/Ottoman rule estaba bajo dominio extranjero/bajo el dominio otomano the rule of law el imperio de la ley they moved from military to civilian rule pasaron de un gobierno militar a uno civil the rule of the Tudors el reinado de los Tudor majority 1 1Example sentences
- It puts the Republicans in a strange position, because they are in favor of local control and local rule, and here it is on television, local democracy in action.
- During its sixty years of colonial rule, Britain controlled the population by fomenting regional and ethnic divisions.
- Lasting only ten months before Spain resumed control, Britain's rule was of short duration.
- 4 countable/numerable (measure) regla (feminine)Example sentences
- The plastic template contains rules, measures and a hole-punching guide.
- Bench rules were often made of maple, log and board rules of hickory, and blacksmith's rules and counter measures of brass.
- When there are bubbles, cut into the veneer with a sharp razor blade using a steel rule for guidance.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 (pronounce) dictaminar the committee ruled that there were no grounds for dismissal la comisión dictaminó que no había causal de despido
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Verbos con partícula
rule offverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento separar con una línea
rule outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [possibility] descartar; [course of action] hacer* imposible his resignation cannot be ruled out no se puede descartar la posibilidad de que dimita their financial problems ruled out any expansion sus problemas financieros hacían imposible cualquier tipo de expansión his injury rules him out for tomorrow's game su lesión lo excluye del partido de mañana
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.