Traducción de scald en español:
- 1 (burn)(person/skin)I scalded my hand in the steam
escaldarme escaldé la mano con el vaporOraciones de ejemplo
- Surprise, surprise, the first time she braked, the hot liquid went sloshing over her knees and scalded her.
- ‘As soon as he showed me his back I was horrified, it looked as if he had been scalded,’ said Mrs Gillvray, of Stonehill Rise, Scawthorpe.
- Thirty minutes after taking the child from the bath, he realised she had been scalded, but he did not seek emergency help.
- 2 (treat with hot water)(instrument)
esterilizar (con agua hirviendo)(vegetables/meat)
escaldarOraciones de ejemplo
- Take seven red ripe tomatoes, blanch/scald them in boiling water, peel them, remove the seeds and slice into small pieces and put them in a dish.
- The birds are scalded, de-feathered by machine and transferred to the eviscerating line.
- Cut the mutton and radish into cubes and scald the mutton.
- 3 (heat)(milk)
calentar (sin que llegue al punto de ebullición)Oraciones de ejemplo
- On low heat, scald the milk with the vanilla bean.
- Still, it is a good practice to scald the milk or cream as this precaution will kill bacteria and also dissolve the sugar and help infuse any flavors.
- Some folks say that you need to scald the milk beforehand, but I had no problem reaching the desired consistency with cold milk.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda