Traducción de scald en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (burn) [person/skin] escaldar I scalded my hand in the steam me escaldé la mano con el vaporOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (treat with hot water) [instrument] esterilizar* ([ con agua hirviendo ]); [vegetables/meat] escaldar
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (heat) [milk] calentar* ([ sin que llegue al punto de ebullición ])
- Surprise, surprise, the first time she braked, the hot liquid went sloshing over her knees and scalded her.
- ‘As soon as he showed me his back I was horrified, it looked as if he had been scalded,’ said Mrs Gillvray, of Stonehill Rise, Scawthorpe.
- Thirty minutes after taking the child from the bath, he realised she had been scalded, but he did not seek emergency help.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Take seven red ripe tomatoes, blanch/scald them in boiling water, peel them, remove the seeds and slice into small pieces and put them in a dish.
- The birds are scalded, de-feathered by machine and transferred to the eviscerating line.
- Cut the mutton and radish into cubes and scald the mutton.
- On low heat, scald the milk with the vanilla bean.
- Still, it is a good practice to scald the milk or cream as this precaution will kill bacteria and also dissolve the sugar and help infuse any flavors.
- Some folks say that you need to scald the milk beforehand, but I had no problem reaching the desired consistency with cold milk.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.