- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] cuero (masculine) cabelludoMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (as trophy) cabellera (feminine) to be after sb's scalp ir* por or (in Spain also/en España también) a por algn
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sometimes, this fungus can cause our scalps to shed skin cells too quickly.
- Medically speaking, it is a condition where the skin cells on the scalp go into over drive and are produced in excess, which gives rise to irritation and itching.
- Dandruff is characterised by small, loose flakes of dead skin on the scalp or trapped in the hair.
- Young Pawnee warriors proudly stole horses and scalps from their enemies, the Sioux.
- The differences between what happened at Fort William Henry and at Niagara need not be seen as evolutionary; the aftermath of battle had yielded many scalps and prisoners for the Iroquois at Niagara.
- After the Indians killed soldiers, they would take their scalps as trophies.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] [tickets/stocks/securities] revender ([ a precio inflado ])
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.