- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] cuero (masculine) cabelludoMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (as trophy) cabellera (feminine) to be after sb's scalp ir* por or (in Spain also/en España también) a por algn
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sometimes, this fungus can cause our scalps to shed skin cells too quickly.
- Medically speaking, it is a condition where the skin cells on the scalp go into over drive and are produced in excess, which gives rise to irritation and itching.
- Dandruff is characterised by small, loose flakes of dead skin on the scalp or trapped in the hair.
- Young Pawnee warriors proudly stole horses and scalps from their enemies, the Sioux.
- The differences between what happened at Fort William Henry and at Niagara need not be seen as evolutionary; the aftermath of battle had yielded many scalps and prisoners for the Iroquois at Niagara.
- After the Indians killed soldiers, they would take their scalps as trophies.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] [tickets/stocks/securities] revender ([ a precio inflado ])
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.