Traducción de scorch en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [fabric] chamuscar*, quemar; [sun] quemar, agostar, abrasar the sun had scorched the fields/grass el sol había agostado or abrasado los campos/la hierba it was so hot I scorched my tongue estaba tan caliente que me quemé or me abrasé la lengua the iron scorched her sleeve la plancha le chamuscó or le quemó la manga scorched-earth policy[ estrategia militar que consiste en arrasar todo lo que puede serle útil al enemigo ]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I could feel the heat surrounding me, burning me, scorching my skin, causing me to cry out wordlessly in pain.
- Closely following it was a blast of heat which scorched clothes, ignited buildings and set even the individual blades of grass on fire.
- The bright suns rays touched her sneakers, scorching them with fiery heat.
- I live in an area that was scorched by drought for several years.
- The countryside had been scorched; the acacia hedges were tipped with orange.
- In winter much of it is under snow; in spring grass appears, which is scorched dry and swept by the dust storms of summer.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (become scorched) [fabric] chamuscarse*; [food] quemarseOraciones de ejemplo
- And then my lips, my tongue, were burning, scorching, stinging from the heat.
- I dropped my sword in panic because I thought that my hands would scorch in the flames.
- Stir occasionally for even heating and to prevent scorching.
- 2 (go fast) [person/vehicle] ir* a toda velocidad, ir* a todo lo que da or a toda mecha [colloquial/familiar]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Glasgow speedster has fallen from grace almost as fast as the winger scorches down the sidelines.
- This inoffensive-looking car can scorch along at impressive figures, and, as it is based on a chassis with a decent set of dimensions, it has real space for adults in the back.
- He scorched out of traps to set a blistering pace.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas