Traducción de scorch en español:
- the sun had scorched the fields/grassel sol había agostado or abrasado los campos/la hierbait was so hot I scorched my tongueestaba tan caliente que me quemé or me abrasé la lenguathe iron scorched her sleevela plancha le chamuscó or le quemó la mangascorched-earth policy(estrategia militar que consiste en arrasar todo lo que puede serle útil al enemigo)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I could feel the heat surrounding me, burning me, scorching my skin, causing me to cry out wordlessly in pain.
- Closely following it was a blast of heat which scorched clothes, ignited buildings and set even the individual blades of grass on fire.
- The bright suns rays touched her sneakers, scorching them with fiery heat.
- I live in an area that was scorched by drought for several years.
- The countryside had been scorched; the acacia hedges were tipped with orange.
- In winter much of it is under snow; in spring grass appears, which is scorched dry and swept by the dust storms of summer.
- 1 (become scorched)(fabric)
quemarseOraciones de ejemplo
- And then my lips, my tongue, were burning, scorching, stinging from the heat.
- I dropped my sword in panic because I thought that my hands would scorch in the flames.
- Stir occasionally for even heating and to prevent scorching.
- 2 (go fast)(person/vehicle)
ir a toda velocidad
ir a todo lo que da or a toda mecha [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Glasgow speedster has fallen from grace almost as fast as the winger scorches down the sidelines.
- This inoffensive-looking car can scorch along at impressive figures, and, as it is based on a chassis with a decent set of dimensions, it has real space for adults in the back.
- He scorched out of traps to set a blistering pace.
- quemadura (feminine) superficial(before noun) scorch markmarca (feminine) de quemadura superficialOraciones de ejemplo
- Huge black scorch marks marred the surface that would have normally been a shiny metal.
- Is that what this scorch mark is all about then?
- There were no scorch marks, no soiling of any sort.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda