Traducción de scorch en español:
- the sun had scorched the fields/grassit was so hot I scorched my tongueel sol había agostado or abrasado los campos/la hierbathe iron scorched her sleeveestaba tan caliente que me quemé or me abrasé la lenguascorched-earth policyla plancha le chamuscó or le quemó la manga(estrategia militar que consiste en arrasar todo lo que puede serle útil al enemigo)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I could feel the heat surrounding me, burning me, scorching my skin, causing me to cry out wordlessly in pain.
- Closely following it was a blast of heat which scorched clothes, ignited buildings and set even the individual blades of grass on fire.
- The bright suns rays touched her sneakers, scorching them with fiery heat.
- I live in an area that was scorched by drought for several years.
- The countryside had been scorched; the acacia hedges were tipped with orange.
- In winter much of it is under snow; in spring grass appears, which is scorched dry and swept by the dust storms of summer.
- 1 (become scorched)(fabric)chamuscarse(food)quemarseOraciones de ejemplo
- And then my lips, my tongue, were burning, scorching, stinging from the heat.
- I dropped my sword in panic because I thought that my hands would scorch in the flames.
- Stir occasionally for even heating and to prevent scorching.
- 2 (go fast)(person/vehicle)ir a toda velocidadir a todo lo que da or a toda mecha [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Glasgow speedster has fallen from grace almost as fast as the winger scorches down the sidelines.
- This inoffensive-looking car can scorch along at impressive figures, and, as it is based on a chassis with a decent set of dimensions, it has real space for adults in the back.
- He scorched out of traps to set a blistering pace.
- (before noun) scorch markquemadura (feminine) superficialmarca (feminine) de quemadura superficialOraciones de ejemplo
- Huge black scorch marks marred the surface that would have normally been a shiny metal.
- Is that what this scorch mark is all about then?
- There were no scorch marks, no soiling of any sort.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.