Traducción de screw en español:
- 1 1.1 (Constr, Technology) to have a screw loose [colloquial] [humorous]he's/you've got a screw looseto put the screws on somebodyle/te falta un tornillo [colloquial] [humorous]to turn the screwapretarle las tuercas or las clavijas a alguiendar otra vuelta de tuercaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (action) (no plural) give it another screw
(before noun) (lid/top)de roscaOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (Aviation, Nautical)
- The logs, the wood flooring, the cabinets, all of the materials down to the nails and screws which hold it together, were donated or purchased with donated funds.
- Some fractures require surgery, and the use of metal screws, wires, pins or plates to hold the broken pieces of bone together.
- Builders will appreciate the fact that plastic lumber can hold nails and screws better than wood.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is secured with special spring-loaded screws for uniform hold-down pressure.
- The inner diameters of the seals were adapted to the diameters of the basal parts of root systems and adjusted by screws.
- Adjust the syrup screw on the fountain head to make the drink stronger to suit your taste.
- But steamships were improving as the screw propeller replaced the paddle wheel and iron replaced wood.
- The subsequent development of the screw propeller, concealed beneath the surface of the water, yielded greater maneuverability as well as greater protection.
- In 1845, the British Admiralty sponsored a demonstration to determine which was superior, the paddle wheel or screw propeller; the latter clearly won.
- 3 (prison guard) [slang]Oraciones de ejemplo
- One day the screws opened the solitary confinement cell and a brown paper bag was thrust inside.
- Marijuana was sort of a sedative sort of drug as far as the screws and prison authorities were concerned.
- The abiding impression left by the book is the way the prison system reduces prisoners and screws to animals.
- 1 1.1 (Constr, Technology) the hooks were firmly screwed inscrew the lid on tightlos ganchos estaban bien atornilladosthe plaque was screwed (on)to the wallenrosca bien la tapato screw something down (securely)la placa estaba asegurada a la pared con tornillos1.2 (twist)to screw somethingatornillar (bien) algo
intosomethinghe screwed the letter into a ballshe screwed her face into a grinhizo una bola con la cartahizo una muecatorció el gestoOraciones de ejemplo
- Put Teflon tape in a clockwise direction as you are looking at the threads and screw it in.
- Are you upset that he occasionally forgets to screw the top back on the toothpaste tube?
- Joe screwed the top back on the canteen, and squeezed, on his back, under the wagon bed.
- 2 2.1 [vulgar] (have sex with) Ver ejemplos: to screw somebody2.2 (in interjectional phrases) screw you!tirarse a alguien [vulgar]coger a alguien (Mexico) (River Plate area) (Venezuela) [vulgar]follar a alguien (Spain) [vulgar]culearse a alguien (Andes) [vulgar]screw what she says!¡vete a la mierda or (Mexico) a la chingada! [vulgar]¡andá a cagar! (River Plate area) [vulgar]¡me cago en lo que diga ella! [vulgar]
- 3 [slang] 3.1 (exploit, cheat)she's screwing him for everything she can gethacer guaje (Mexico) [colloquial]3.2 (extort) Ver ejemplos:to screw somethinglo está exprimiendo al máximole está chupando la sangre
out ofsomebody/somethinghe screwed every penny out of hersacarle algo aalguien/algole sacó hasta el último centavoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘The companies are taking advantage of the situation to screw some money out of the government,’ he admitted last week.
- Together these poster boys for corporate greed put billions of dollars in their own pockets and those of their top execs, while screwing millions out of their employees and investors.
- I suspect they may have the idea that they have more chance of screwing concessions out of us.
- They just screw you for an extra £8 per month because they can!
- Until then, though, I will only screw you out of several million dollars per person per year.
- He spouted some nostrum about how people who ‘steal’ movies were screwing him, not the studios.
- 1 (Constr)to screw in/onatornillarseOraciones de ejemplo
- Rather than being screwed on they were riveted.
- I undress and hang my orange attire upon a steel hanger that is securely screwed into the wall.
- The control panel earth wire will need to be securely screwed to the chassis of the vehicle.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1 (have sex) [slang]
- 1verb + adverb
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object 1.1 (tighten)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the