Traducción de search en español:
- (records/files)to search one's memory to search one's conscience
examinarexaminar su ( or mi etc) concienciato search something/somebody
hacerse un examen de conciencia
forsomethingshe searched the attic from top to bottom for the lettersrevolvió todo el ático buscando las cartaswe searched the archives for conclusive evidenceexaminamos los archivos en busca de pruebas concluyentesI searched his face for a glimmer of recognitionbusqué en su rostro algún indicio de que me reconocíathey searched him for drugslo cachearon ( or registraron etc) para ver si tenía drogasthey searched the woods for the missing childregistraron el bosque en busca del niño desaparecidosearch me! [colloquial]¡yo qué sé! [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Setting off the alarm at the security check, I was searched much more thoroughly than I'd ever been before.
- The driver was searched by security guards but they did not check inside the lorry, said the newspaper.
- Even I do not pay any attention to the armed guards searching me before I enter any public place.
- I walked to Ken's office and sat at his computer and started searching the databases.
- So Joe was able to search the database for information about himself as well as his ancestor.
- By searching the database a user can find out if a match exists for the buyer or seller who they are dealing with.
- we searched everywherebuscamos or miramos en todas partesto search
forsomething/somebodybuscar algo/a alguienthey are searching for a way to …están buscando la manera de …they searched (around o about) for the missing ticketbuscaron la entrada que faltaba por todas partesto search throughsomethingwe must search through his belongingstenemos que buscar entre sus cosasshe searched through his papers for his willbuscó su testamento entre sus papelesto search aftersomething(after wealth/fulfillment)
ir en busca de algo
perseguir algo [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
- His lax brown eyes scanned the conveyor belt carefully, searching for a black duffel bag.
- We walked among the shops, searching for anyone who was looking for an apprentice.
- He mounted once more and began to trot among the trees, searching for the source of the noise.
- 1 (hunt, quest)search (
forsomething/somebody) the search for the child continuescontinúa la búsqueda de la niñaafter a fruitless searchtras una búsqueda infructuosawe went in search of a policemanfuimos a buscar un policíathey set off in search of adventurepartieron en busca de aventuraswe're in search of new premisesestamos buscando un nuevo localOraciones de ejemplo
- In search of answers, they bolted and ran to alternative practitioners.
- In search of opportunities to fulfil his dreams, he goes away from his caring brother.
- Systematic literature searches were conducted to assess the evidence for and against the effectiveness of kava extract for treating anxiety.
- 2 (examination, scrutiny)(of building, pockets) registro (masculine)body search house search they made a search of the building
esculque (masculine) (Latin America exc Southern Cone)registraron or (Colombia) (Mexico) esculcaron el edificioOraciones de ejemplo
- After a two-month search of public records in Britain, all leads ran dry.
- She maintains that she did not discover the transfer until 1998 when her lawyer conducted a title search on the property.
- Instruct your solicitor to inspect local and national searches and the title deeds for any onerous covenants, restrictions, etc.
- 3 (Computing)(before noun) (time/operation)
de búsquedaOraciones de ejemplo
- We found qualitative studies that focused directly on double standards through our computerized database searches.
- They often asked questions that were too vague or did not lend themselves to keyword searches on the computer databases.
- A computerized search through all relevant databases was also conducted using several combinations of keywords.
Verbos con partícula
tratar de descubrir
tratar de descubrir
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda