Traducción de seat en español:
- 1(place to sit) asiento (masculine)please have o take a seattome asiento, por favor [formal]siéntese, por favorplease take your seats for dinnerpasen a la mesa, por favorI took a seat at the backme senté en el fondoI had a window seatme tocó un asiento junto a la ventanillaI've got two seats for tonight's performancetengo dos entradas para la función de esta nochethere aren't any seats left(in cinema) no quedan localidades(in bus) no quedan asientoshe kindly gave me his seat can you keep my seat for me?¿me guardas el lugar or el asiento?to take a back seatmantenerse al margen
dejar que otros asuman las responsabilidades ( or tomen las decisiones etc)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I sat down in the white chair while Dr. Clark took a seat on a stool that sat to my left.
- The stone furniture includes cupboards, beds and seats.
- Benches are more flexible than stools or individual seats because you can squeeze in more people along them.
- Some audience members took their seats more than 30 minutes ago.
- He has removed reclining seats, so now passengers have to endure the whole flight sitting up straight.
- In that case the seating available for passengers comprised three single seats and a bench seat 7 ft 4 ins in length.
- 2 2.1 (of chair)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (of garment) to fly by the seat of one's pants
dejarse guiar por el instintoOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (buttocks) [euphemistic]
- The package Campbell had brought the night before rested unassumingly on the seat of my chair.
- Artemis sat on top of the back of a chair, his bare feet resting on the seat.
- Invariably they have cushioned seats and foot rests.
trasero (masculine) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo2.4 (of rider) to have a good seat
- As she was doing this, the instructor worked her tail through a hole in the seat of the garment.
- And for extra room in the seat, try jeans with a low waist, low pockets and a bit of a flare around the ankle.
- The girl sighed at the dark stain that covered the seat of her pants.
montar biento lose one's seatcaerse del caballo
- They tossed beach balls to one another between the decks and nibbled on cucumber sandwiches as they shook sand from the towels covering their seats.
- 3 3.1 (Politics) the Republicans won/lost the seatlos republicanos obtuvieron/perdieron el escaño ( or la banca etc)to have a seat on a committeeser miembro de una comisiónOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo3.2 (constituency) (British English)
- Of all state legislative seats nationwide, Republicans had won or were leading in 3,647, Democrats in 3,630.
- In all, there were 153 congressional and state legislative seats in play in California last November.
- Only half of the 60 seats in the Legislative Council, the lawmaking body, are elected directly.
- In 1945 he won the safe Tory parliamentary seat of Chislehurst for Labour.
- When he was 21, his father bought him a parliamentary seat for the Irish borough of Cashel.
- We will be standing in all 59 parliamentary seats across Scotland.
- 4 4.1 (center) the seat of governmentla sede del gobiernouniversities and other seats of learninglas universidades y otros centros de enseñanzalas universidades y otros templos del saber [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo4.2 (of family)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The beck breaks to the surface at the site of the former seat of the city's textile industry.
- He regarded it as the principal seat of the soul and the place in which all our thoughts are formed.
- Strasbourg is a central seat of administration for them, that's right, just as it is for the European Commission.
- Her brother and mother have sent her to the Castlewood seat in the country; to be away from the attentions of the Prince.
- Kilkenny castle was built in the 12th century and was the principal seat of the Butlers until 1935.
- 1 1.1(child)the usher will seat you
sentarel acomodador le indicará su asientoplease be seated [formal]tomen asiento, por favor [formal]to remain seatedpermanecer sentadoto seat oneself [formal]tomar asiento [formal]sentarseOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (have room for)
(auditorium)how many does the bus seat?
- They seated the audience on a hillside and the action of the play took place in a grassy circle.
- One of McRae's other decisions is to seat the audience on both sides of the long, narrow stage, one section facing the other.
- Where else would he seat his guests for his famous five-course suppers?
tener cabida or capacidad para¿cuántas plazas or cuántos asientos tiene el autobús?this table seats 6en esta mesa caben seis personasOraciones de ejemplo
- (By the way, the theatre seats three hundred and fifteen or six hundred and thirty over two nights).
- But estate cars usually seat just five, and this good-looking car seats seven.
- Business needs are well-catered for with seven meeting rooms and four theatres seating a maximum of 1340 people.
- 2 2.1 (locate) (usually passive) a concept deeply seated in the national psycheun concepto muy arraigado en la idiosincracia nacionalOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (fit, fix)
- It would be unwise to assume that this test proves that you can get better pistol accuracy by simply seating the bullet out further.
- She flipped the second safety off before seating it in the holster and stood up.
- When installed properly, your Toyota hubcaps should be evenly seated around the edge of the wheel.
- (British English)(trousers/skirt)
hacer bolsa (en los fondillos)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda