Traducción de segment en español:
- 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] (of circle, sphere, line) segmento (masculine)Example sentences
- The main purpose of the work is to investigate the volume of segments of these three-dimensional figures.
- For example, when we start with a hexagon, the final shape may be a segment, a triangle, or another hexagon.
- He found the length of an arc of the cycloid using an exhaustion proof based on dissections to reduce the problem to summing segments of chords of a circle which are in geometric progression.
- This he affected by circumscribing a semicircle about an isosceles right-angled triangle and a segment of a circle similar to those cut off by the sides.
- It is assumed that the unsupported outer border of the pouch deforms into a segment of a circle and that the material does not stretch much.
Example sentences1.2 (of citrus fruit) gajo (masculine) 1.3 (of worm) segmento (masculine)
- We can mark a point on the side that divides it into segments of length a and b.
- Given the way that we have defined line segments, a great circle makes a good definition of a straight line.
- Two similar problems were to trisect an angle and to produce a line segment whose square has the same area as that of a given circle.
Example sentences1.4 (section) sector (masculine)
- As in the treatment of Siegel, lipid monolayers in the intermediates are assumed to form surfaces that are segments of spheres or of spherical torroids.
- Using a different approach, Archimedes found the surface area of a sphere, and the surface area of any segment of a sphere.
- Unlike the agnostids, polymerid trilobites typically have more than two or three thoracic segments, and the pygidium is usually smaller than the cephalon.
- The ventral branchial arch segments of placoderms are so poorly known that nothing useful can be said.
- They have a number of body segments (known as somites), which are sometimes fused to form rigid areas, or are free but linked to each other by flexible areas.
- Its genome is made up of 100 million bases divided into six segments, or chromosomes.
- In many of the others, the spaces are divided into segments, more or less corresponding to the different generations.
- Segmentation means dividing memory into several segments and accessing memory by both segment pointer and offset.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈsegment; segˈment/
- [circle/line] segmentar; [fruit] dividir en gajos
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.