Traducción de shaft en español:
- 1 1.1 (of arrow, spear)(of feather) cañón (masculine)(of hammer, ax) mango (masculine)(of cart) vara (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 [literary] (arrow)
saeta (feminine) [literary](spear) venablo (masculine) [literary]a shaft of wituna agudezahis shafts of sarcasmsus salidas sarcásticasOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (of light)
- The shaft of long handled tools should be a light wood, such as ash, and should be unpainted and free of knots.
- Maintaining a good posture, rotate the upper body to the right so that the shaft of the club is in front of you.
- Move down the shaft of each section of hair and continue tying knots from the root of your hair to about 2 inches from the ends.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Her heart soared with the swift flash of the shaft as it flew from the bow.
- In an annual commemorative ritual tied to sun and sky, a shaft of light will illuminate the void between the time of the first and second attacks.
- Illuminated by a shaft of light from the ceiling, the altar glowed with brimming power, standing immaculate in the centre of the hall.
- She departed the command center and stepped into a shaft of white light in the atrium outside.
- 2 (Mechanics)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The water wheel axle shaft still turned and made a squeaky noise but Don could hear the footsteps of someone on the floor above him.
- The gearbox gets over both problems by being two half-gearboxes in one case, with two clutches and two transmission shafts, one inside the other.
- As far as that goes I am willing to believe what I am told: that escalators are big, complicated machines packed into tight shafts and there aren't many hours when you can work on them.
- 3 (US) [vulgar]to give somebody the shaftjoder a alguien [vulgar]he got the shaftlo jodieron [vulgar](he was fired) lo echaron
le dieron la patada [colloquial]
- 4(of elevator) hueco (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- By this time the mine had three shafts, many large stopes and hundreds of metres of drives.
- Newspapers lift up the vertical shaft of the alley like small printed angels.
- Athena kneeled down and lifted up what appeared to be only a ventilation shaft, but was in fact an access panel.
transitive verb(US) [vulgar]
- 1 (betray)(person)I knew I'd shafted myself
joder [vulgar]me di cuenta de que había metido la pata [colloquial]me di cuenta de que la había cagado [vulgar]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Perhaps I feel sorry for him because I know he's mournfully shafting his own fist down there.
- The perception that she was shafted is ludicrous.
- Cassie narrowed her eyes knowing full well she was shafted by the owner.
- And both men and women [musicians] are being shafted as a result.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda