Traducción de shape en español:
- 1 1.1 countable (visible form) it is triangular in shapetiene forma triangularin the shape of a cross what shape shall I make the opening?¿de que forma quieres que haga la abertura?they come in all shapes and sizeslos hay de muy diversos tiposthe sweater's lost its shapeel suéter se ha deformadoto be out of shapeestar deformado1.2 uncountable (general nature, outline) the shape of things to comelo que nos esperato take shapetomar formaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable (unidentified person, thing)
- Morgan hypothesizes that the mound shape was first outlined by a line of posts set in a wall trench, which served as a retaining wall for the fill.
- Suddenly, he noticed a translucent, dark purple flame floating two or three inches away from his sister's skin, outlining the shape of her body.
- For this he reconstructed a Neolithic forest whose outline forms the shape of an endangered falcon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our new understanding will lead us to new tools, which will ‘change the nature and shape of firms.’
- A fulfilled national dream, the railway changed the lives of every man, woman and child in Canada and altered the future and shape of the nation.
- The shape of future health-care legislation is yet to be seen.
- Slowly the world started to leak in to her mind, her eyes started to identify shapes; she could see the centurions crowded around her whispering.
- Holding out in front of her, trying to keep it steady, she pointed it at several of the moving shapes but couldn't identify any of them.
- The field was denser than the War Six field, but the obstacles were more visible and their shapes were easier to identify.
- 2 uncountable (guise) her reply took the shape of a 15-page lettersu respuesta consistió en una carta de 15 foliosa third bidder emerged in the shape of Acme Incsurgió una tercera oferta, presentada por Acme Incassistance in the shape of food stampsayuda consistente en vales canjeables por comidaI won't tolerate bribery in any shape or formno pienso tolerar sobornos de ningún tipohelp in any shape or form is most welcomeuna ayuda, sea del tipo que sea or de cualquier forma que sea, siempre es bien recibida
- 3 uncountable (condition, order) for her age, she's in pretty good shapepara su edad, está bastante bien (de salud)the old man's in pretty bad shapeel viejo anda or está muy malhe's in great shape for the tournamentestá en muy buena forma para el torneoI was in no shape to put up a fightno estaba en condiciones de pelearwe've got to get you into better shapetenemos que ponerte en formato keep o stay in shape to get bent out of shape (American English) [slang]resentirseto knock o lick something/somebody into shape
molestarseponer algo/a alguien a punto or en forma
- 4 countable (mold, pattern)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then separate shapes are made by actually cutting the mesh into shapes and casting the paper straight into shapes on the J cloth.
- Cut simple holiday shapes out of paper or felt, then hang with thread from curtain rods, hanging lamps, doorways or over the outside of a lampshade.
- Gris too made extensive use of papier collé, and Matisse's use of cut-out paper shapes in his late work is a development of the technique.
- 1 (make in given form)(object/material)to shape something
darle forma a
intosomethingshe shaped the dough into a ringformó un anillo con la masaOraciones de ejemplo
- Every block was shaped to fit just so, leaving little more than a paper-thin gap in between.
- The tile will be safe for the example load if the trench bottom is shaped to fit the tile rather than left flat.
- The fitted and shaped waist styling really suits hour glass figures and can only be welcomed by women who are not stick thin and have voluptuous curves to show.
tomar forma(plan)how's the team shaping (up)?
desarrollarse¿qué tal marcha or va el equipo?it is shaping (up) to be the closest championship for yearsse está perfilando como el campeonato más reñido de los últimos añosOraciones de ejemplo
- And thus it was that the career of a great Indian batsman was influenced and shaped by the example of a great Pakistani batsman.
- We of the Never-Never was extremely influential in shaping urban Australia's view of the outback - more than a million copies have been sold, it was adapted for schools, and a film version appeared in 1982.
- Above and beyond contemporary political struggles, the migration of labor can play an interesting role in shaping the very nature of political institutions and the role they play.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1→ shape 3 1.2 (improve, pull oneself together) shape up or ship out!
¡o entras en vereda o te largas! [colloquial]
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda