Traducción de shape en español:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (visible form) forma (feminine) it is triangular in shape tiene forma triangular in the shape of a cross en forma de cruz what shape shall I make the opening? ¿de que forma quieres que haga la abertura? they come in all shapes and sizes los hay de muy diversos tipos the sweater's lost its shape el suéter se ha deformado to be out of shape estar* deformado 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (general nature, outline) conformación (feminine), configuración (feminine) the shape of things to come lo que nos espera to take shape tomar formaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable/numerable (unidentified person, thing) figura (feminine), bulto (masculine)
- Morgan hypothesizes that the mound shape was first outlined by a line of posts set in a wall trench, which served as a retaining wall for the fill.
- Suddenly, he noticed a translucent, dark purple flame floating two or three inches away from his sister's skin, outlining the shape of her body.
- For this he reconstructed a Neolithic forest whose outline forms the shape of an endangered falcon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our new understanding will lead us to new tools, which will ‘change the nature and shape of firms.’
- A fulfilled national dream, the railway changed the lives of every man, woman and child in Canada and altered the future and shape of the nation.
- The shape of future health-care legislation is yet to be seen.
- Slowly the world started to leak in to her mind, her eyes started to identify shapes; she could see the centurions crowded around her whispering.
- Holding out in front of her, trying to keep it steady, she pointed it at several of the moving shapes but couldn't identify any of them.
- The field was denser than the War Six field, but the obstacles were more visible and their shapes were easier to identify.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (guise) her reply took the shape of a 15-page letter su respuesta consistió en una carta de 15 folios a third bidder emerged in the shape of Acme Inc surgió una tercera oferta, presentada por Acme Inc assistance in the shape of food stamps ayuda consistente en vales canjeables por comida I won't tolerate bribery in any shape or form no pienso tolerar sobornos de ningún tipo help in any shape or form is most welcome una ayuda, sea del tipo que sea or de cualquier forma que sea, siempre es bien recibida
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (condition, order) for her age, she's in pretty good shape para su edad, está bastante bien (de salud) the old man's in pretty bad shape el viejo anda or está muy mal he's in great shape for the tournament está en muy buena forma para el torneo I was in no shape to put up a fight no estaba en condiciones de pelear we've got to get you into better shape tenemos que ponerte en forma to keep o stay in shape mantenerse* en forma to get bent out of shape (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot] resentirse*, molestarse to knock o lick sth/sb into shape poner* algo/a algn a punto or en forma
- 4 countable/numerable (mold, pattern) molde (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then separate shapes are made by actually cutting the mesh into shapes and casting the paper straight into shapes on the J cloth.
- Cut simple holiday shapes out of paper or felt, then hang with thread from curtain rods, hanging lamps, doorways or over the outside of a lampshade.
- Gris too made extensive use of papier collé, and Matisse's use of cut-out paper shapes in his late work is a development of the technique.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (make in given form) [object/material] darle* forma ato shape sth
intosth she shaped the dough into a ring formó un anillo con la masa
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.