Traducción de shape en español:
- 1 1.1 countable (visible form) it is triangular in shapein the shape of a cross what shape shall I make the opening?tiene forma triangularthey come in all shapes and sizes¿de que forma quieres que haga la abertura?the sweater's lost its shapelos hay de muy diversos tiposto be out of shapeel suéter se ha deformado1.2 uncountable (general nature, outline) the shape of things to comeestar deformadoto take shapelo que nos esperatomar formaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable (unidentified person, thing)
- Morgan hypothesizes that the mound shape was first outlined by a line of posts set in a wall trench, which served as a retaining wall for the fill.
- Suddenly, he noticed a translucent, dark purple flame floating two or three inches away from his sister's skin, outlining the shape of her body.
- For this he reconstructed a Neolithic forest whose outline forms the shape of an endangered falcon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our new understanding will lead us to new tools, which will ‘change the nature and shape of firms.’
- A fulfilled national dream, the railway changed the lives of every man, woman and child in Canada and altered the future and shape of the nation.
- The shape of future health-care legislation is yet to be seen.
- Slowly the world started to leak in to her mind, her eyes started to identify shapes; she could see the centurions crowded around her whispering.
- Holding out in front of her, trying to keep it steady, she pointed it at several of the moving shapes but couldn't identify any of them.
- The field was denser than the War Six field, but the obstacles were more visible and their shapes were easier to identify.
- 2 uncountable (guise) Ver ejemplos: her reply took the shape of a 15-page lettera third bidder emerged in the shape of Acme Incsu respuesta consistió en una carta de 15 foliosassistance in the shape of food stampssurgió una tercera oferta, presentada por Acme IncI won't tolerate bribery in any shape or formayuda consistente en vales canjeables por comidahelp in any shape or form is most welcomeno pienso tolerar sobornos de ningún tipouna ayuda, sea del tipo que sea or de cualquier forma que sea, siempre es bien recibida
- 3 uncountable (condition, order) Ver ejemplos: for her age, she's in pretty good shapethe old man's in pretty bad shapepara su edad, está bastante bien (de salud)he's in great shape for the tournamentel viejo anda or está muy malI was in no shape to put up a fightestá en muy buena forma para el torneowe've got to get you into better shapeno estaba en condiciones de pelearto keep o stay in shape to get bent out of shape (American English) [slang]tenemos que ponerte en formato knock o lick something/somebody into shapemolestarseponer algo/a alguien a punto or en forma
- 4 countable (mold, pattern)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then separate shapes are made by actually cutting the mesh into shapes and casting the paper straight into shapes on the J cloth.
- Cut simple holiday shapes out of paper or felt, then hang with thread from curtain rods, hanging lamps, doorways or over the outside of a lampshade.
- Gris too made extensive use of papier collé, and Matisse's use of cut-out paper shapes in his late work is a development of the technique.
- 1 (make in given form)(object/material)to shape somethingdarle forma a
intosomethingshe shaped the dough into a ringformó un anillo con la masaOraciones de ejemplo
- Every block was shaped to fit just so, leaving little more than a paper-thin gap in between.
- The tile will be safe for the example load if the trench bottom is shaped to fit the tile rather than left flat.
- The fitted and shaped waist styling really suits hour glass figures and can only be welcomed by women who are not stick thin and have voluptuous curves to show.
- (project)tomar forma(plan)how's the team shaping (up)?desarrollarseit is shaping (up) to be the closest championship for years¿qué tal marcha or va el equipo?se está perfilando como el campeonato más reñido de los últimos añosOraciones de ejemplo
- And thus it was that the career of a great Indian batsman was influenced and shaped by the example of a great Pakistani batsman.
- We of the Never-Never was extremely influential in shaping urban Australia's view of the outback - more than a million copies have been sold, it was adapted for schools, and a film version appeared in 1982.
- Above and beyond contemporary political struggles, the migration of labor can play an interesting role in shaping the very nature of political institutions and the role they play.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1→ shape 3 1.2 (improve, pull oneself together) shape up or ship out!
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the