Traducción de shift en español:
- 1 1.1 (change position of) to shift the scenery (Theatre)cambiar el decoradothe election has shifted the balance of power toward the rightlas elecciones han inclinado el equilibrio político hacia la derechahe keeps shifting his groundcambia constantemente de posiciónOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (transfer, switch) the war shifted attention away from domestic problems
la guerra distrajo la atención de los problemas internosto shift resources from the public to the private sectortraspasar or transferir recursos del sector público al privadothey tried to shift the responsibility onto ustrataron de cargarnos la responsabilidad
- After the system is docked, the nurse reassesses the patient's position to ensure that nothing moved or shifted during transfer.
- So things are once again in a state of rearrangement in my humble apartment, getting shifted, moved around and reassigned.
- And the aisle all the way to the door bustled with Adivasi vegetable vendors who squatted with their baskets shifting and moving till they found a comfort zone.
- 2 (British) [colloquial] 2.1 (move, remove) shift yourself, will you!¡quítate de ahí!I can't shift this nail/corkeste clavo/tapón no hay quien lo saqueit's impossible to shift him now he's made up his mindahora que se ha decidido, no hay quien lo haga cambiar de opinión2.2 (get rid of)(stain)
sacar (esp Latin America)(cold/allergy)
quitarse de encimaOraciones de ejemplo
- This Vanish stain remover can shift bolognaise sauce, tea, coffee, curry, blood, a little engine oil (like if you splash some by accident when you're topping up your car oil), and these are just a few stains of what it is good at getting rid of.
- And she's not afraid to use it, regularly calling in with the solution to a hard-to-shift stain or to correct the advice of the on-air expert.
- If soap and water doesn't shift the stain scrub the area with a nail-brush dipped in vinegar and salt.
- 3 (sell)(stock)
venderOraciones de ejemplo
- It's very important to finish the design phase before the end of this year (so that we can shift the product to the market at the beginning of next year).
- I know that there is an element of advertising - my whisky must be good because there is a bottle in TWE at £10000! - but they must also want to shift some product.
- We really did shift some stuff last weekend, didn't we?
- 1 1.1 (change position, direction)(cargo)
correrse(wind)he shifted uneasily in his chair
cambiarse movía intranquilo en la sillashe shifted onto her backse puso boca arribapublic opinion shifted in favor of disarmamentla opinión pública se inclinó a favor del desarmethe emphasis has shifted away from translation to speaking the languageahora se pone énfasis en hablar el idioma y no en traducirloOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (switch, change over) the scene shifts and we are in a garden
- I shifted uncomfortably in my position on a plastic covered sofa.
- Brant shifted uncomfortably, obviously nervous about the gun still pointed directly at him and he began to lower his hands.
- One would ordinarily shift from a physical position which grows increasingly uncomfortable, but the meditator does not.
hay un cambio de escena y estamos en un jardínthe focus of attention has shifted to Europeel foco de atención ha pasado a Europa1.3also: shifting present participle(opinion/moods)shifting sands
- If the area is violent, the balance of power can shift in the opposite direction.
- But even as the balance of power on the ground shifted in one direction, the balance of politics at home was shifting in the other.
- The focus of his attention shifted abruptly to the moonlit scene before him.
cambiantearenas (feminine plural) movedizasOraciones de ejemplo
- While all deaths on the roads are avoidable it seems that your campaign aims to shift the focus and blame away from motorcyclists and onto other road users.
- The economic culture in particular was shifted significantly in the direction of enterprise.
- We can expect to see a push for more of the tax burden to be shifted onto employers.
- 2 (British) 2.1 (move) [colloquial]shift up/along a bitcórrete un pocoOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (budge) he won't shift from his position
no va a cambiar su postura or posición
- I reckon that Old Shifty won't shift himself until there is absolutely no money left in the tea caddy where they keep the pension dosh.
- Use focus to shift yourself to states of motivation, productivity or your goals.
- You will understand how important it is to shift yourself
- 4 (change gear) (US)cambiar de marcha or de velocidadOraciones de ejemplo
- To maintain the vehicle speed, she would have to shift into a lower gear.
- Zaren pushed in the clutch and shifted to second gear and the car made a sudden leap in speed.
- To shift into fourth gear, you push the button yet again.
- 1 1.1 (change in position) a shift in the windun cambio en la dirección del vientothere was a shift in public opinionhubo un cambio or un viraje en la opinión públicaa shift of attitudeun cambio de actituda major population shiftun desplazamiento masivo de poblacióna shift away from isolationismun alejamiento de la política aislacionistato make shift with/without somethingarreglárselas con/sin algoOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (Linguistics) vowel/consonant shift
mutación (feminine) vocálica/consonánticaOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (Computing)
- Change can be no more than a slight shift in direction - although, as when a tanker ship charts a new course, this may have dramatic long-term consequences.
- The change in size also heralds a slight shift in editorial direction.
- In my eyes a slight shift in the script would make the ending of the show seem a tad less grim.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Many of these ‘mistakes’ are easily-explained shifts in the sound system of spoken English.
- But through prescribed borders, shifts in dialect coalesced into distinct languages.
- The stories she listened to intrigued her with their form as well as their content, the myriad dialects, shifts, and cadences of African American voices.
- I state that to multiply by 10 you use shifts to quickly multiply by 2 and 8 and then add the results.
- At each time step from t=1 onwards, the right shift results in a state change which indicates a division by two operation.
- Similarly, if we operate in reverse chronological order (i.e. from t=4 to t=1), the left shift will result in a multiplication by two.
- 2 (work period) to work the day/night shifthacer el turno de día/de nocheI work the early/late shifthago el primer/último turnoto work (in) shiftstrabajar por turnosOraciones de ejemplo
- I had been working overnight shifts with continuous periods of work with no real rest over a good 12 hours.
- The chemical mixing section, which used to employ 50 people on four different shifts, will now be run by four contract workers.
- They work different shifts; each commutes 60 miles a day.
- 3 3.1 (undergarment)Oraciones de ejemplo3.2 (dress)
vestido (masculine) sueltoOraciones de ejemplo
- She finally decided on a sky blue dress with a beige shift underneath.
- She stripped down to her shift, putting her dress carefully in a corner, and progressed to the armoire.
- She pulled a brightly coloured gown over her shift, tying it at the waist with a decorative sash.
- Today she is wearing a simple shift dress and no make-up and the sight of her looking so ordinary and conventional is indeed slightly shocking.
- The suit had a matching knee length skirt, shell top and shift dress; with the chiffon blouses she already had they would do for several different outfits.
- His masterpiece to date is his American Rose beaded V-neck shift dress, a combination of nine colours, which was a show-stopper at MAFW '04.
- 4 (US) (Motor Vehicles)palanca (masculine) de cambio
palanca (masculine) de velocidades (Mexico)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Smooth acceleration occurred whether you used the auto box, the paddle shift or the Tiptronic system.
- I thought ForceFed's was a full sequential transmission with computer controlled clutch and all, not just a sequential gear shift.
- All the sequential shifter does is convert the back and forth motion to move the two shifter rods in a standard H pattern gear shift.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda