Traducción de shine en español:
- he polished the table to a shinelimpió la mesa hasta hacerla brillarto give one's shoes a shinelimpiarse or (esp Latin America) lustrarse or (Colombia) embolarse or (Mexico) bolearse los zapatosto take a shine to something/somebody [colloquial]they really took a shine to each otherquedaron prendados el uno del otroyou seem to have taken a shine to my watchparece que te ha gustado mi relojshe took an immediate shine to the dressenseguida le echó el ojo al vestido [colloquial]to take the shine off somethingdeslucir or empañar algo→ rainOraciones de ejemplo
- The day I was there, the beautician started by cleaning the natural nail to remove the surface shine and oils and then applied disinfectant and primer.
- He was also scornful of the use of varnish, which is a quick way for artists to make the surface shine and also to protect it.
- A vinyl or polyurethane finish has been applied on the surface to keep a shine without waxing; the urethane is more durable.
intransitive verb past tense & past participle shone
- 1 (gleam, glow)(star/sun)
brillar(eyes)the moon shone down on us
brillarla luna nos iluminabahis sincerity shines through his every wordsus palabras traslucen sinceridadhis face shone with sweatle brillaba la cara de sudorher face shone with joysu rostro resplandecía de alegríaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When we arrived in Cape Town the sun was shining down and the people were warm and welcoming.
- Mr Pike, whose mother was from Burnley, said when he was growing up he thought the sun did not shine in the town because of the pollution spewed out by the cotton factories.
- The sun was shining bright, and we had all of the windows open, allowing a nice breeze to fill the truck.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He picked up his comb and began untangling his blonde hair, until it shone in the light and stood in place.
- His soft, straight hair shone in the dim glow from the outside light.
- When he smiled, his white square teeth shone, reflecting bright sparks of light.
- Her eyes shone with bright adoration and what seemed to be respect.
- His bright, blue eyes shone with joy as he played, and he laughed aloud.
- Her bright, vibrant eyes shone with gratitude as her steadfast gaze met Kynan's.
- 2 (excel)to shine (
atsomething) the promotion gave her a chance to shineel ascenso le dio la oportunidad de destacar(se) or de brillarOraciones de ejemplo
- But too much could be tough to take - he was such an upbeat, shining example.
- All of this is inspired by the resolute Texan's shining example.
- I opened my laptop and showed her shining example after shining example of similarly awful dialogue.
transitive verb past tense & past participle shone
- 1 (point) (+ adverb complement) to shine a light on somethingalumbrar algo con una luzhe shone the flashlight right in my eyesme encandiló con la linternaOraciones de ejemplo
- John went in first, slowly, shining a torch light ahead of him.
- She pulled out a small torch and shone the light into Collette's eyes.
- A woman with a torch shone the light onto the water, following along the guardrail on-board, trying to spot a body.
- 2past tense & past participle shined(polish)(brass/furniture)
sacarle brillo a
lustrar (esp Latin America)Oraciones de ejemplo
- His shoes were shined to perfection and his dark, just about black, hair had been combed tidily.
- The walls were sheathed with finely shined wood, and plain white carpeting lined the floors.
- To shine patent leather, moisten a soft cloth with white vinegar and wipe clean all patent leather articles.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda