- 1 (of fish)Oraciones de ejemplo
- All the same we took about thirty fish from the shoal before they became too cross with us to feed on.
- Huge dense shoals of fish cover the forward quarter of the wreck.
- Last year they found some big shoals of bream below Kings Lawn and really hammered them out.
- 2 (large number)Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the end I found a whole shoal of them in the sports section.
- Before the current intifada began in 2000, shoals of tourists made it difficult to move in these lanes.
- The popular take-away and restaurant in Chippenham has been short-listed for the area title of the contest, after shoals of nominations from its customers.
- (sandbank)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of course, an unintended consequence of these jetties was that they created offshore shoals and sandbars that tended to magnify the waves here.
- These offer information about shifting shoals, sandbars and such that can be critical for boaters and productive for fishers.
- Oregon's lighthouses were all but inaccessible when they were built in the 19th century, near shoals and sandbars, treacherous offshore rocks and reefs.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda