Traducción de shoulder en español:
- 1 1.1 (Anatomy) the dress can be worn off the shoulder(s)el vestido puede llevarse con los hombros al descubiertoto have broad shouldersser ancho de hombros or de espaldasto shrug one's shoulders the responsibility for it was placed entirely on his shouldersle cargaron toda la culpathat will take o lift a burden off our shoulderseso nos va a quitar un peso de encimato look over one's shouldermirar por encima del hombroI keep feeling there's someone looking over my shouldertengo la sensación de que me están vigilandoto stand shoulder to shoulderestar hombro con hombrowe must stand shoulder to shoulder on this issuetenemos que estar codo con codo en este asuntoto cry o weep on somebody's shoulderdesahogarse con alguiena shoulder to cry onun paño de lágrimasstraight from the shouldersin rodeosgive it to them straight from the shoulderdíselo sin rodeosto give somebody the cold shoulderhacerle el vacío a alguiento put o set one's shoulder to the wheel to rub shoulders with somebodycodearse con alguienOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (Clothing) a jacket with padded shoulders
una chaqueta con hombrerasOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (Cookery)
- Occasionally it starts in one region such as the neck and shoulders and spreads over a period of time.
- Sitting at a desk all day puts pressure on your lower back, neck and shoulders.
- The neck, shoulder and wrist should be examined carefully in the patient with elbow pain.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- All that's needed is a canvas khaki green belt, or even a jacket with patch pockets and very defined shoulders.
- Making alterations to other areas, such as the shoulders, back or lapels will change the intended design of the suit.
- Conventionally sew the garment shoulder and side seams and press the seam allowances open.
- Some areas cook the entire hog, others just the pork shoulder, some make pulled pork.
- From the hams and shoulders he will peel off the outside meat as dog food, but will keep some of the inside meat for his family.
- The blacksmith, having just purchased a shoulder of mutton, is triumphantly waving it in the air.
- 2 (of road)(American English)
berma (feminine) (Andes)
acotamiento (masculine) (Mexico)
banquina (feminine) (River Plate area)
hombrillo (masculine) (Venezuela)Oraciones de ejemplo
- My partner and I had parked on the shoulder of the highway and began to chat.
- Because of the darkness of the night, Dawn nearly missed the black Jaguar parked on the shoulder of the road.
- She made her way all the way across the freeway to the left shoulder.
- 1.1 (place on shoulder)(knapsack)
ponerse or echarse al hombro(blame/responsibility)shoulder arms!
cargar con¡al hombro, ar!Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (push)
- As it has turned out, the more appropriate implement to have been shouldered that day would have been shovels.
- She shoulders a surprisingly long spear, perhaps to ward off the ardent king, although by that time she had been scarred by smallpox and he had mostly given up his advances.
- Even the battalion chaplain, Steve Hommel, ended up shouldering an M16 rifle.
empujar con el hombroI was shouldered asideme hicieron a un lado a empujonesto shoulder one's wayabrirse paso a empujonesOraciones de ejemplo
- Others before him have shouldered the burden of responsibility at a young age.
- Equally, it is important to understand the way in which the military shoulder their duties and responsibilities during a war.
- We have to be prepared to shoulder the responsibility and accept the consequences of knowing the truth.
- He reached down to pick up his son, but Hoss shouldered him aside.
- I walked past him calmly, but when I was at his side, I used all the force I could and shouldered him forcefully.
- Nevertheless, on his way to escort them out of the club, one of the security personnel shouldered me aside and trod heavily on my foot.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda