- 1.1 (holy place) santuario (m), santo lugar (m); (chapel) capilla (f); (in out-of-the-way place) ermita (f) a shrine to the dead star un altar or santuario a la desaparecida estrella 1.2 (alcove) hornacina (f)Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (tomb) sepulcro (m)
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.4 (reliquary) relicario (m)
- There is a new statue in the shrine, larger and gold-plated.
- Adriana hid the trinkets in her bedroom, in her little shrine with its statue of the Virgin.
- The shrine's niche was full of so many old flowers I couldn't even see which saint was in it.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On these days they do not enter temples or home shrines, or approach holy men.
- The Sikhs were also deprived of many historic shrines and holy places which were left in Pakistan.
- Many of my friends who are non-Muslims wonder why they are not allowed to visit Makkah and Madinah during Hajj while Muslims are allowed to visit their holy cities and shrines.
- The church and Minster of St.Werburgs also would have commissioned him to make various ecclesiastical bronze ware such as Thuribles, Censers etc; possibly even elements to shrines and reliquaries.
- It is now accepted in art circles that the belt was a reliquary or shrine.
- The chests or reliquaries in which they were buried were often venerated as shrines and could also serve as an altar.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.