Traducción de silver en español:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) plata (feminine)Example sentences
- Beryllium, calcium, silver and antimony have no appreciable effect on mechanical properties.
- Unlike gold, silver or other precious metals, copper is primarily an industrial metal sold by copper producers to large manufacturers.
- He described the ratios between the densities of gold, mercury, lead, silver, bronze, copper, brass, iron, and tin.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (household items) platería (feminine), plata (feminine) to clean the silver limpiar la platería or la plata 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (coins) monedas (feminine plural) ([ de plata, aluminio etc ])Example sentences2.3 countable/numerable (medal) medalla (feminine) de plata
- I tend to pick out the one pound coins and the silver to buy my lunch the next day so generally it's just the coppers that are left.
- The manager of the shop arrived to find the lock smashed, and the money, all silver and coppers, all gone.
- British imports of tea were steadily increasing during the early nineteenth century, and the Chinese would accept only specie, usually silver, in payment.
- Great Britain have won nine gold medals, 10 silvers and six bronze.
- Todate he has participated in six international events and has won himself a gold medal and three silvers.
- Between them they won 7 gold medals, 3 silvers and 3 bronze - more than any national team won in track and field at the Games, except America itself.
- Part of a hoard of family silver which vanished for more than 100 years was yesterday sold at auction for nearly £8,000.
- I could have just driven away with the family silver for all she knew.
- We have been pawning the family silver to pleasure ourselves.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (color) (color (masculine)) plata (masculine)Example sentences
- They are all normal colours, silver, or white, and never-ever purple.
- A gleaming and glittering twist on gray, silver is the complementary colour of gold.
- Unlike the stuffed one I saw originally, which had yellowed with age, the Nile Perch is silver in colour with a blue tinge.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.