- 1 (circumstances, position) situación (feminine) the police have the situation under control la policía tiene controlada la situación the international economic/political situation la situación económica/política internacional a crisis situation una (situación de) crisis in the classroom situation, children … en el ámbito de la clase, los niños … to save the situation salvar la situaciónMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If your thoughts are good and creative then you don't need to worry about the situations and circumstances.
- The worst of the economic crisis may be over, but the political situation is far from decided.
- On occasions I've been placed in situations I would consider dangerous.
- 2 (job) [formal] empleo (masculine) situations vacant/wanted ofertas/demandas de empleo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.