Traducción de skim en español:
- 1 (Cooking)(soup)to skim something
offsomethingskim the fat off the stockquítele la grasa al caldoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- My mother would skim the cream off the soured milk and store it until she had a quart jar of soured cream.
- However, for an untold number of years the Indians had skimmed oil from the surface of streams and ponds.
- This can then be skimmed from the surface and removed with a suction tube.
- She skimmed the bubbling surface for the burnt sugar and carried it across the kitchen to the sink, went back and stirred again, more burnt sugar.
- Things were going well - I skimmed the surface until it was clear, added the rice until it was soft and then added the vegetables to give it delicious flavour.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, skimming often.
- 2 2.1 (glide over)(water/treetops)the ducks skimmed the surface of the pond
pasar casi rozandolos patos volaron casi rozando la superficie del estanquehe did no more than skim the surface of the problemno hizo más que tocar el problema muy por encimaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (throw) to skim stones
- ‘She's cold as ice,’ Blake agreed lazily, the fleshy pad of his thumb skimming lightly over her lower lip.
- She gazed back at Sharpie's fingers as they skimmed lightly over the plastic keys.
- And the dog skims low over the surface grabbing the ball before it bounces twice, before it travels beyond the second wave.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Over the fast blue waters of the Harrison we blasted up the river, skimming the surface at high speed, skipping lightly over submerged sand bars.
- Sharlotte had her hand trailing in the water, her fingers skimming the bubbling surface.
- Here, we skim the nightscape surface, never getting too close to its image, but never losing sight of it.
- Imagine landing a plane or skimming a flat rock across a body of water.
- Down at the water's edge I taught my daughters to skim stones.
- She hunkered down for a stone and skimmed it along the water.
- 3 (read quickly)(book/article/page)
leer por encima
echarle una ojeada or un vistazo aOraciones de ejemplo
- She let her eyes skim the page, not really reading it, until she got to verse thirty-nine.
- Lacey reached forward and took it, her eyes briefly skimming over the first few pages.
- When writing about an author, it's often helpful to at least skim through his latest book.
- 4 (Finance)(credit card/debit card)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda