Traducción de social en español:
- 1 1.1 (relating to human society)(change/reform/unrest)the social contract (Philosophy)
socialel contrato social(in UK) (Politics)
≈ el acuerdo económico y socialOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (relating to rank, status)
(class/status)among social equals
- We should follow his example to meet our needs and social obligations.
- Yesterday dozens of people attended a street party in Avebury Road, specially designed to break down social barriers.
- He was also the founder of a number of educational and social organizations.
socialentre gente de su misma clase (social)a social climberun arribistasocial elite
un trepadorOraciones de ejemplo
- There is no distinction of class, wealth or social status made during the exercise, and all are treated as equal.
- The rank and social standing of the subjects of portraiture are also expressed by conventions, which shift with time.
- For centuries, spouse selection was subject to family status and social standing.
- 2 2.1 (relating to social activity)(gathering/function)the social event of the year
socialel acontecimiento social del añosocial engagementscompromisos (masculine plural) socialessocial evening social gatheringreunión (feminine) socialhe has no social gracesno sabe alternar en sociedadan appalling social blunderuna gaffe horrorosaI'm only a social drinkersolo bebo cuando estoy con gentesocial column (British English) (Journalism)columna (feminine) de ecos de sociedad
columna (feminine) de socialesOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (sociable)
(person)I'm not feeling very social this evening
- She is as sharp as a tack, but excellent company in a social setting.
- Beverley, a cosmetics factory worker, met Whelby in 1984 at a social club in Skelmersdale.
- He can be captivating company and, in social circles, very likeable.
sociableesta noche no estoy muy sociableOraciones de ejemplo
- Children become social companions rather than problems, although your wallet needs to be guarded - more than ever.
- As the primary unit of man's social living, the modern family has to grapple with several problems.
- One is destined to become a vibrant community with a rich social mix and a youthful population.
- 3 (living in groups) man is a social animalel hombre es un animal socialOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Common wasps are social insects and live in nests of up to around 10,000 workers.
- Various models have been presented to account for division of labor in social insects.
- One of the baffling things about social insects such as ants is how their co-operative behaviour has evolved.
- This should not surprise us - it is, in some degree, a characteristic of most social mammals.
- You know in that sense obviously we have evolved from social primates.
- Chimps are social animals and live in groups of up to 80 where food is plentiful.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda