Traducción de sock en español:
- 1 1.1 (for foot) ankle socksknee-length sockssoquetes (masculine plural) (Southern Cone)to pull one's socks up (British English)calcetines largosmedias hasta la rodilla (Latin America)to put a sock in it (especially British English) [colloquial]esforzarseponer empeñocerrar el pico [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (inner sole)
- In more formal settings, black over-the-calf stretch nylon cotton or wool socks are fitting.
- Cotton socks absorb moisture and keep feet drier than nylon socks.
- Fleece picks up lint easily and a fleece garment washed with wool socks or terry towels will never look the same again.
- 3uncountable (force) (American English) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead of a hard sock in the arm, he got a soft smack in the arm.
- I was treated to a sock on the jaw by the same thugs later that night.
- The Maus mounted a 128 mm main gun that would punch through enemy armor like a thrown sock punches through a wall made out of gelatin.
- If Martin can succeed, the lineup has enough sock elsewhere to cash in.
- Coming up from the minors is the right-handed-hitting Juan Uribe, who has good sock but can be undisciplined on breaking balls.
- [colloquial]to sock somebody onepegarle un puñetazo or [colloquial] una piña apegarle una trompada a (South America) [colloquial]pegarle un combo a (Chile) (Peru) [colloquial]to sock it to somebody [colloquial]she was furious and really socked it to himdarle una a alguien [colloquial]go out there on stage and sock it to 'em!estaba furiosa y le dijo de todo¡sube al escenario y demuéstrales quién eres!Oraciones de ejemplo
- The guy protested and laid a hand on Novak - who responded by socking him and threatening to knock his teeth out.
- But this did nothing to stop Grant from fulfilling his end of the showdown; he socked Hearns with a straight right to the body and followed up with a left hook that must have made Hearns' cranium vibrate.
- He says he socked a taxi inspector at the airport.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than