Traducción de sock en español:
- 1 1.1 (for foot) ankle sockssoquetes (masculine plural) (Southern Cone)knee-length sockscalcetines largosmedias hasta la rodilla (Latin America)to pull one's socks up (British)esforzarseto put a sock in it (esp British) [colloquial]
poner empeñocerrar el pico [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (inner sole)
- In more formal settings, black over-the-calf stretch nylon cotton or wool socks are fitting.
- Cotton socks absorb moisture and keep feet drier than nylon socks.
- Fleece picks up lint easily and a fleece garment washed with wool socks or terry towels will never look the same again.
- 2 (punch) [colloquial]piña (feminine) [colloquial]trompada (feminine) (South America) [colloquial]combo (masculine) (Chile) (Peru) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead of a hard sock in the arm, he got a soft smack in the arm.
- I was treated to a sock on the jaw by the same thugs later that night.
- The Maus mounted a 128 mm main gun that would punch through enemy armor like a thrown sock punches through a wall made out of gelatin.
- If Martin can succeed, the lineup has enough sock elsewhere to cash in.
- Coming up from the minors is the right-handed-hitting Juan Uribe, who has good sock but can be undisciplined on breaking balls.
- [colloquial]pegarle un puñetazo or [colloquial] una piña apegarle una trompada a (South America) [colloquial]pegarle un combo a (Chile) (Peru) [colloquial]to sock somebody onedarle una a alguien [colloquial]to sock it to somebody [colloquial]she was furious and really socked it to himestaba furiosa y le dijo de todogo out there on stage and sock it to 'em!¡sube al escenario y demuéstrales quién eres!Oraciones de ejemplo
- The guy protested and laid a hand on Novak - who responded by socking him and threatening to knock his teeth out.
- But this did nothing to stop Grant from fulfilling his end of the showdown; he socked Hearns with a straight right to the body and followed up with a left hook that must have made Hearns' cranium vibrate.
- He says he socked a taxi inspector at the airport.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda