Traducción de soft en español:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (not hard)(dough/clay/butter)
blando(brush/toothbrush)a book in soft covers
blandoun libro en rústica or en pasta blandasoft cheese (British English)queso (masculine) blandoto go softablandarse1.2 (smooth)(fur/hair/fabric)
suaveOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The procedure is carried out in babies in their first six months when the ear is extremely soft and easy to mould and can be successful within just a fortnight.
- So both hard and soft margarines (the latter to a lesser extent) are like saturated fats.
- She hated his kisses because his lips were always cold and soft to the touch, too soft, not firm like Timothy's.
- They captured the glossy surfaces of fruit and fish, and the soft textures of velvet and lace.
- Slip on one of her soft, smooth, silky pieces and you'll immediately realize why they're so popular.
- And after all that scrubbing the surface is silky soft and touchy-feely right now.
- 2 2.1 (light) a soft landingun aterrizaje suave2.2 (mild, subdued)(breeze)
suaveOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (quiet)
(music)in a soft voice
- Natalie lay on her bed; a soft breeze rustled the fabric curtains and her dirty blonde hair.
- A soft breeze caressed flowers and leaves, sometimes making the branches shiver.
- She stared at the surroundings and a soft breeze started to blow.
suaveen voz bajathe radio is too softla radio está demasiado bajaOraciones de ejemplo2.4 (Art, Cinema, Photography)
- He moved out into the hall as her soft voice sounded behind him, even quieter than usual, as if she were talking to only herself.
- The mysterious sounds, the soft voices - I enjoy the silent solitude of the night.
- He was a big man with a soft voice, the sound of the northlands of Roscommon in his western rural accent.
difuminadoOraciones de ejemplo
- Contrast is rather soft at times and edge effects are apparent though not distracting.
- Her darkened skin stood in contrast to the soft glow of the dress as she slipped on the impractical shoes and made her way out of the door.
- I marvel at such early perception of the subtle line, the power of an arc, a soft shadow that glows darkly under the skin.
- 3 3.1 (weak, lenient) to be soft
ono withsomebodyser blando or indulgentethey accuse the government of going soft on immigration conalguienacusan al gobierno de aflojar demasiado la mano con la inmigraciónto take a softer line on somethingadoptar una actitud menos intransigente sobre algo3.2 (out of condition)Oraciones de ejemplo3.3 (feeble-minded) [colloquial]to be soft (in the head)
ser estúpidoOraciones de ejemplo
- My old self would have said I was soft and pathetic.
- They are always soft, irresolute men--homebodies with more dynamic girlfriends or wives.
- I am soft, centre, wishy-washy new labour and ashamed of it.
- One would have to be soft in the head to vote for someone who is obviously easily manipulated by those around him.
- They think clean air is always more important than cheap housing and treat those who would dare to choose otherwise as soft in the head.
- 4 4.1 (easy) [colloquial](life/time)a soft job
fácilun trabajito cómodo [colloquial]the soft option
un chollo (Spain) [colloquial]el camino fácila soft targetun blanco fácil4.2 (Business) a soft loanun préstamo or crédito blandoOraciones de ejemplo
- Some men think it's a soft job and they are too butch to do it, but it doesn't have to be like that.
- The price of enjoying such soft work is that it is sometimes accompanied by considerable verbal abuse from the officers.
- The exceptionally bright and capable young man said that he had led a soft life and wanted to be a marine because ‘they're the toughest and most disciplined in the world.’
- 5 5.1 (kind)(answer/smile/nature)5.2 (emotionally attached) to be soft on somebody
dulcetener debilidad por alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- Sir Irwin held him down gently, soothing him with soft words and petting him.
- When she spoke, her words were soft and soothing, and calmed him of his nervousness.
- He approaches the alien with his hands up and with soft words, explains to the alien that he means no harm and welcomes the creature.
- 6 6.1(drugs)
blando(evidence)6.3 (unstable) (Finance)
no concluyente(market)the price of crude is currently very soft
flojoel precio del crudo está muy débil actualmenteOraciones de ejemplo
- By this I am indicating that a soft currency may be acceptable for a while - the question is: For how long?
- It was simply too easy to run an inefficient operation, as our lack of competitive systems was simply made good by a soft currency.
- During soft markets, insurers tend to undercut prices for competitive reasons.
- 7 (Chemistry)(water)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda