- 1.1 (serious, formal) [occasion/plea/silence] solemne to make o give a/one's solemn promise/oath/vow hacer* una promesa/un juramento/un voto solemne 1.2 (grave, over-serious) [person] serio; [face] solemneMás ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (somber, dark) [color] oscuro, fúnebre
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The painter's face assumed a serious, almost solemn expression.
- When you go into a courtroom you are doing something very serious and solemn and you are representing more than just the rights of your client.
- His brown eyes were serious and solemn as he watched her.
- It's a solemn, formal occasion witnessed with pride by family and friends.
- The funeral procession was solemn but lofty, as befit the prince.
- We went then from the cold church in solemn procession, singing litanies into the thin air.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.