, (BrE) sombre
- 1.1 (dark) [color/clothes] sombrío, oscuro y apagado, tristeMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (melancholy) [mood/thought] sombrío; [music] lúgubre
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neutral colours can look too bland and dark colours too sombre.
- The paintings seem at first to be sombre in tone, coloured mostly by umbers and sepia-like hues.
- Striped pants and jackets come in sombre or bold colours, and vertical striped sports shirts in uneven or even patterns.
- He wore a gray uniform with a long coat and heavy leather boots and his face wore a stern, somber expression.
- You could have gone two ways with this thing and been very sombre and serious about this subject.
- Sharma reported it all in a deep and somber voice, manly but sensitive.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)