Traducción de somber en español:
- 1.1 (dark) [color/clothes] sombrío, oscuro y apagado, tristeExample sentences1.2 (melancholy) [mood/thought] sombrío; [music] lúgubre
- Neutral colours can look too bland and dark colours too sombre.
- The paintings seem at first to be sombre in tone, coloured mostly by umbers and sepia-like hues.
- Striped pants and jackets come in sombre or bold colours, and vertical striped sports shirts in uneven or even patterns.
- He wore a gray uniform with a long coat and heavy leather boots and his face wore a stern, somber expression.
- You could have gone two ways with this thing and been very sombre and serious about this subject.
- Sharma reported it all in a deep and somber voice, manly but sensitive.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.