Traducción de spare en español:
- 1 1.1 (not in use) have you got a spare umbrella you could lend me?¿tienes un paraguas de más que me puedas prestar?have you got any spare paper o (in British English also) any paper spare?¿tienes un poco de papel que no te haga falta?there's a spare seat in the bussobra un asiento or queda un asiento libre en el autobústhere was not an ounce of spare flesh on himno le sobraba ni un gramo de grasato go spare (British English) [colloquial](become distraught)
volverse loco(lit: be available)there are two tickets going spare for tonight's performance
sobrarsobran dos entradas para la función de esta noche1.2 (in case of need) (before noun)(key/cartridge)take a spare change of clothes, just in case
de repuestollévate una muda de más, por si acasoOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (free) in my spare moments
en mis ratos libresif you've got a spare minutesi tienes un minuto (libre)see also → spare timeOraciones de ejemplo
- Keren occupied only one leaving his spare seats free.
- Open crates and various strange pieces of equipment seemed to occupy every spare bit of space.
- It's the only spare seat in the whole classroom.
- For most acts, this wouldn't work, but Lemon Jelly has a style that requires headphones and a spare 45 minutes to absorb the album from start to finish.
- A question from another child revealed Mr Blunkett wishes he had more spare time.
- I have more spare time and I'm more perceptive of my life and my surroundings.
- 2 [literary] 2.1 (lean)(person/build)2.2 (austere)
cenceño [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Critics usually describe Hemingway's style as simple, spare, and journalistic.
- These recordings are spare and simple - just three guys in a room playing clean, clear lines and letting them ring.
- Glazed all along its south side, it offers a simple, spare and sunny series of places that provide a surprising number of possibilities for eating in company.
- She was spare featured with a thin mouth and rectangular face.
- Empty but not hungry, she felt sleek and spare, like a dragonfly.
- A tall, spare man with jet black hair leaned over the counter to greet them.
- 1 1.1 (reserve) I'll take a spare just in casellevaré uno de repuesto por si acasoI'm always losing my key; I think I'll have a spare madesiempre estoy perdiendo la llave, creo que haré un duplicado para tener de repuesto1.2also: spares plural(spare parts)(British English)
repuestos (masculine plural) or (Mexico) refacciones (feminine plural)Oraciones de ejemplo
- After E, above you put the kit back together and have a large box of spares left over.
- He played his bass like he had five spares waiting backstage.
- Everybody in the world should buy all Miyazaki's films twice and then give their spares to each other.
- 2 (in bowling)semipleno (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I threw a gutter ball, screwing up my spare from the frame before.
- After her first turn, she'd decided to get the five gutter balls out of the way and missed the first ball, then got a spare.
- He knocked down nine pins with his first ball, then picked up the spare.
- 1 1.1 (do without) can you spare your dictionary for a moment?¿me permites el diccionario un momento, si no lo necesitas?we'd like to help you out, but we can't spare the staffnos gustaría ayudarlos, pero no podemos prescindir del personalif you can spare the timesi tienes or dispones de tiempo1.2 (give)to spare (somebody) somethingcan you spare me a pound?¿tienes una libra que me prestes/des?can you spare me a few minutes?¿tienes unos minutos?he spared us an hour from his busy schedulenos concedió or dedicó una hora de su apretado programato spare a thought for somebodypensar un momento en alguienOraciones de ejemplo1.3to spare (as adj) there's food to spare
hay comida de sobrahave you got a few minutes to spare?¿tienes unos minutos?we arrived at the station with half an hour/seconds to sparellegamos a la estación con media hora de anticipación/con el tiempo justois there enough? — yes, enough and to spare¿hay suficiente? — sí, basta y sobra
- You have all this money and you won't spare enough to let your own child go back home.
- My most recent one just said basically that I'm a homeless man, can you spare some change to help me provide some food.
- Can anyone spare me a couple of quid?
- 2 2.1 (keep from using, stint) (usually negative) to spare no effortno escatimar or ahorrar esfuerzosto spare no expenseno reparar en gastosa no-expense-spared productionuna producción a lo grande or por todo lo alto2.2 (save, relieve)to spare somebody something(trouble/embarrassment)I'm only trying to spare you the bother of having to do it again
aalguiensolo estoy tratando de ahorrarte la molestia de tener que hacerlo de nuevospare me the details/sarcasmahórrate los detalles/el sarcasmoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (show mercy, consideration toward) to spare somebody's life
- For where is the man who would spare the lives of the vanquished if he saw more profit in killing than in sparing them?…
- The rains in the end of May did not spare even posh areas.
- And I have to say that my opinion is with the rest of my family that the fact that her life was spared was enough.
perdonarle la vida a alguiennot to spare oneselfser muy exigente consigo mismothe epidemic spared no onela epidemia no perdonó a nadieto spare somebody's feelingsno herir los sentimientos de alguien
- Much of the film feels profoundly sad, as Donovan spares no unpleasant detail, making for a sobering look at someone so attached to the bottle.
- As children's fears invite adult protection, an anxious child will be spared from unpleasant duties or routines.
- We are spared most of the violence of the situation, and really only see its conclusion.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda