Traducción de splash en español:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (spray) to make a splash(make an impression)producir or causar un revuelo(lit: in liquid)1.2 countable (sound) Ver ejemplos: it fell into the lake with a loud splashwe heard a splashcayó ruidosamente al lagocayó al lago con un sonoro plaf [colloquial]splash! he fell inoímos el ruido de algo al caer al agua¡plaf! or ¡zas! se cayó al aguaOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (paddle, swim) (no plural) we had a quick splash (around) in the sea
nos dimos un chapuzón en el marOraciones de ejemplo
- I went back to reading my book until I was interrupted about ten minutes later by the sound of some enormous splashes.
- He had not taken much notice until he heard a splash and the sound of panic-stricken voices.
- Valos slowly opened his eyes as he heard the sound of a splash.
- A few splashes of water, and I'm feeling a lot better.
- He leaned to listen to her splashes, but the water was still.
- The horses were cantering lightly, making small splashes of water around their hooves.
- 2 2.1 (small quantity) (no plural) a splash just a splash of orange juice in the vodkaa splash of paint and it'll be as good as newun poco or un chorrito de zumo de naranja en el vodka2.2 countable (mark, patch)con un poco de pintura quedará como nuevoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As they walked down the street, they heard a yell, which was followed by a splash of some liquid.
- Add corn, reserved dill and a splash of reserved braising liquid and heat through.
- The dumplings wade in a thick peanut mixture with a splash of soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Darker colours tend to be more appropriate at work although there is no harm in adding a splash of brighter colour with accessories.
- Add to this a splash of bright colour and the result is nothing short of arresting.
- For a splash of bright colour it is hard to beat marigolds, Calendula officialis.
- 3 countable (Journalism)they've done a front-page splash on itlo han puesto a toda plana en la primera páginaOraciones de ejemplo
- For nearly 15 years the media has contributed screaming headlines and front page splashes as well as serious studies.
- My front-page splash became a three-inch brief on the inside - albeit one that took hours to report.
- Of course, the hard but essential task now will be to maintain the sense of priority and importance about indigenous issues once the front page splashes die away again.
- 1 (with liquid) stop splashing me!to splash something¡no me salpiques!
on/ oversomething/somebodyhe splashed acid on my clothessalpicar algo dealgoI had mud splashed all over me by a passing carme salpicó la ropa de or con ácidohe splashed cologne on his faceun coche que pasó me salpicó toda de barroto splash something/somebodyse echó colonia en la cara withsomethingthe car was splashed with mudsalpicar algo/a alguien dealgocareful you don't splash yourself with oilel coche estaba salpicado de barroten cuidado, no vayas a salpicarte de aceiteOraciones de ejemplo
- Then they start to roll the log, spraying and splashing each other, performing all sorts of acrobatics while turning the piece of wood.
- I pass a besotted dad with his toddler splashing each other from opposites sides of the fountain.
- They dunked and splashed each other in an oversized birdbath.
- 1.1(water/paint)coffee splashed all over the tablecloth1.2el mantel se salpicó or se manchó de café(person/animal)the children were splashing (around) in the waterlos niños chapoteaban en el aguaOraciones de ejemplo
- Shakily I splashed some cold water onto my stricken face, wishing the cold liquid to act as a reality check, maybe even wake me up from this painfully real nightmare.
- The bathroom was cool when she flicked on the light, and as she splashed cold water onto her face the reflection of the mirror caught her eye.
- I had to push past a few kissing couples to reach the bathroom, and once inside I splashed some cold water onto my face.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1 (spend freely) 1.2 (publicize)
- 1verb + adverb
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than