Traducción de split en español:
- 1 1.1 (in garment, cloth — in seam)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in wood, glass)
- A small split has appeared along the chest area as well.
- I accept the evidence of Mr. Pearson and Mr. Glendon with respect to their observations of the crack or split or fissure in the tubing.
- Make sure windscreen wipers are in good condition without any splits or tears
- 2 2.1 (Politics) there is a three-way split in the party on this issueen el partido hay tres corrientes de opinión al respectoOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (breakup)
Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (share-out, distribution) a six-way split would give everyone $1,500
- Meanwhile, the splits within his party, he claims, have been devastating.
- The split within the party has led to tactical shifts in which conservatives and Democrats often team up to embarrass the ruling moderate Republicans.
- There are a lot of reasons for this failure, including the long-time split within the party between hawks and doves.
si se dividiera la suma en seis partes, cada uno se llevaría $1.500a good/bad split (Games)una buena/mala mano
- The radio star and DJ have blamed hectic work schedules for causing their marriage split.
- Richard Cooper, defending, told the court of the marriage split which drove Franklyn to the drugs.
- Is this evidence of one of the first Hollywood relationships with a friendly split?
- 3also: splits pluralto do the splitsabrirse completamente de piernas
hacer el spagat (Spain)
- 4 (bottle)(American English) (botella individual de vino o champán)Oraciones de ejemplo
- We drank a split of Taittinger Brut champagne during the appetizers, and our patience was rewarded.
- You see, back then, it was cool to drink a split.
- 5(tie) (Sport) (American English)
empate (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- SFU's women's basketball squad pulled off a split in two tight matches against the Dinos on Jan.13 and 14.
- At Miami, Carlos Delgado hit a pinch-hit grand slam to cap a six-run fifth inning for Florida to salvage a split in the four-game series.
- As the Series headed north after a split at Edison Field, the styles had been established but not an advantage.
transitive verb present participle splitting past tense & past participle split
- 1 1.1 (break)(wood/stone)to split the atom
partirfisionar or desintegrar el átomoto split something in two/in halfpartir algo en dos/por la mitadOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (burst) she borrowed my skirt and split the seams
se puso mi falda y le abrió las costurashe bent down and split his pantsse agachó y reventó los pantalonesshe split her head opense partió or se abrió la cabezato split one's sides (laughing)partirse or troncharse or desternillarse de risa1.3 (divide into factions) this issue has split public opinioneste asunto ha dividido a la opinión públicaOraciones de ejemplo
- Warping, splitting along the grain, the breaking apart of joins, the flaking of paint and ground from the wooden substrate, and insect damage are all commonly encountered.
- The wooden barrel guard was split along half its length and the barrel itself was badly corroded.
- A mineral that has cleavage will break or split along planes.
- The European Union, in fact, is deeply split over such issues as its budget and constitution.
- The survey, conducted between mid-April and mid-June, found most ethnic groups were evenly split on the issue of national identity.
- By 1972 the Democratic Party in North Carolina was deeply split over the issue of race.
- 2 (divide, share)(money/cost/food)we'll split the cost three ways
dividirdividimos el gasto en tresdo you want to split a bottle?¿nos tomamos una botella a medias?they split them into three groupslos dividieron or separaron en tres gruposto split one's ticket/ballot (American English)(votar a candidatos de distintos partidos para distintos cargos)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It left me absolutely dumbfounded to see the 25-foot high walls, to see how towns have been split into two.
- Under the new scheme, the town centre will be split into 12 different zones which council bosses claim could be cleared in minutes.
- The cotton country on this farm is split into two separate developments of about 1250 acres each.
- But splitting his responsibilities with another MP would at least save him the indignity of being sacked.
- Stalin urged that the invasion should be launched as early as possible so that the Germans would be forced to split their resources between the Eastern and Western fronts.
- We then split the responsibility in terms of who does what.
intransitive verb present participle splitting past tense & past participle split
- 1 (crack, burst)(wood/rock)
rajarse(leather/seam)his bag split (open)
rompersese le rompió or rajó la bolsamy head is splittingla cabeza me va a estallarI've got a splitting headachetengo un dolor de cabeza espantoso
me duele muchísimo la cabeza
- 2(political party/church)to split
intosomethingdividirse or escindirse enalgo
- 3 (leave) [slang]abrirse [slang]
tomarse las de Villadiego [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was a wonderful venue - pity about the DJ - but not quite up to par so we split early and headed for another club to dance what was left of the night away.
Verbos con partícula
- 1verb + adverb
(stem/branch)2 (faction/group)to split away o off
escindirse or separarse
(crowd)to split up
dividámonos en gruposthe party split up into warring factions
el partido se escindió en facciones hostiles2verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object
(lovers)split them up into groups
hacer que se separen
hacer que se separen
divídelos en grupos
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda