adjective sterner, sternest
- 1 (harsh)(person)the stern reality of post-war life
severola dura realidad de la vida de posguerraI thought you were made of sterner stuffte creía más fuerteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For those who expect a stern teacher and a serious photographer, he is a bundle of surprise.
- He was my mother's favorite brother and our least favorite Uncle; he was too stern, too serious, too strict.
- But she was stern in demeanor and normally carried a serious face.
- He still spoke in his cool voice but it was a stern statement.
- After 50 minutes of stern questions and answers - the length of a typical undergraduate class - the interrogation is over.
- And they have issued a stern warning to those responsible: Stop before somebody dies.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The overtaking boat should slow down when just aft the stern of the boat being overtaken and proceed around at the slowest speed possible to pass.
- The docking bay, with doors at the stern of the ship, can be flooded for amphibious operations using small landing craft.
- The towed sonar and towed decoys are launched from the stern of the ship.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda