Traducción de stone en español:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (material) piedra (feminine) he has a heart of stone tiene el corazón de piedraExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (small piece) piedra (feminine) to throw stones at sb tirarle piedras a algn (only o no more than) a stone's throw away a un paso, a tiro de piedra [colloquial/familiar] to leave no stone unturned no dejar piedra sin mover to sink like a stone hundirse como una piedra or como el plomo a rolling stone gathers no moss piedra movediza no coge musgo or piedra movediza, nunca moho la cobija she's a rolling stone es un culo de mal asiento [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (block) [Constr] piedra (feminine) 1.4 countable/numerable (of grave) lápida (feminine)
- Once again it started with the expensive building of tall, solid stone buildings, engines, pumps, boilers and a chimney.
- Because cement is such a dense, hard material it puts stone under pressure, cracks it and allows water to seep into the interior.
- Nearby were high-status buildings made of stone with plastered walls and more humble structures on the outskirts of the city.
- First he put a bunch of stones in a big fire, then he put the stones in a pit dug in the ground, put stones over the top, and covered it with moss, sticks and sand.
- There were little white stones laid on the ground where we had plants growing and we had no idea about who was doing it.
- The real world - the mud on the ground, the stones, the sprouting grass - are not captured by the street name.
- The Korean Irish Memorial Committee are determined to set up a memorial stone to commemorate the 28 Irishmen that were killed in Korea.
- Then there's a film show on Southsea Common, a display of historic military vehicles, a commemorative website and a ceremony at the D-Day stone.
- A tree planting ceremony followed, before a commemorative stone was laid in memory of the deceased.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (gem) piedra (feminine) 2.2 (in kidney) cálculo (masculine), piedra (feminine)Example sentences2.3 (of fruit) hueso (masculine), cuesco (masculine), carozo (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) , pepa (feminine) (Colombia)
- Ultrasonography showed multiple stones in the left kidney.
- The risk of kidney and urinary stones was higher both before and after surgery in those undergoing surgery
- In one case plain radiography misdiagnosed a stone not seen on intravenous urography.
- The ‘ricin factory’ consisted of castor oil, cherry stones and apple seeds, and some handwritten recipes for ricin.
- He said he had asked him to help collect apple seeds and cherry stones - the raw ingredients for cyanide - and told him it was for use in making herbal medicine.
- He collected cherry stones and apple seeds - the raw ingredients for cyanide - and had more than 20 castor beans which can be used to make ricin.
- Glue a turquoise stone or cabochon on the middle of the threads.
- The dark red stones twinkle invitingly from many shop windows.
- Some material contains so much chromium in its structure that the stones are dark red.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.