Traducción de stone en español:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (material) he has a heart of stonetiene el corazón de piedraOraciones de ejemplo1.2 countable (small piece) to throw stones at somebody
tirarle piedras a alguien(only or no more than) a stone's throw awaya un pasoa tiro de piedra [colloquial]to leave no stone unturnedno dejar piedra sin moverto sink like a stonehundirse como una piedra or como el plomoa rolling stone gathers no mosspiedra movediza no coge musgo or piedra movediza, nunca moho la cobijashe's a rolling stonees un culo de mal asiento [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable (block) (Building)
- Once again it started with the expensive building of tall, solid stone buildings, engines, pumps, boilers and a chimney.
- Because cement is such a dense, hard material it puts stone under pressure, cracks it and allows water to seep into the interior.
- Nearby were high-status buildings made of stone with plastered walls and more humble structures on the outskirts of the city.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 countable (of grave)
- First he put a bunch of stones in a big fire, then he put the stones in a pit dug in the ground, put stones over the top, and covered it with moss, sticks and sand.
- There were little white stones laid on the ground where we had plants growing and we had no idea about who was doing it.
- The real world - the mud on the ground, the stones, the sprouting grass - are not captured by the street name.
- The Korean Irish Memorial Committee are determined to set up a memorial stone to commemorate the 28 Irishmen that were killed in Korea.
- Then there's a film show on Southsea Common, a display of historic military vehicles, a commemorative website and a ceremony at the D-Day stone.
- A tree planting ceremony followed, before a commemorative stone was laid in memory of the deceased.
- 2 countable 2.1 (gem)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (in kidney)
Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (of fruit)
- Glue a turquoise stone or cabochon on the middle of the threads.
- The dark red stones twinkle invitingly from many shop windows.
- Some material contains so much chromium in its structure that the stones are dark red.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ultrasonography showed multiple stones in the left kidney.
- The risk of kidney and urinary stones was higher both before and after surgery in those undergoing surgery
- In one case plain radiography misdiagnosed a stone not seen on intravenous urography.
- The ‘ricin factory’ consisted of castor oil, cherry stones and apple seeds, and some handwritten recipes for ricin.
- He said he had asked him to help collect apple seeds and cherry stones - the raw ingredients for cyanide - and told him it was for use in making herbal medicine.
- He collected cherry stones and apple seeds - the raw ingredients for cyanide - and had more than 20 castor beans which can be used to make ricin.
- 1 (throw stones at) she was stoned to deathmurió lapidada or apedreadastone me or the crows! (British) [colloquial]¡caray! [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The crowd stoned policemen and beat a bus driver in Plovdiv late Monday, after the power was cut off.
- A Bradford rioter claimed he tried to stop youths wrecking cars only minutes after being filmed throwing stones himself.
- At an early court appearance, angry crowds stoned the police van escorting her.
- 2 (British)(fruit)
quitarle el hueso a
quitarle el cuesco a
quitarle el carozo a (Southern Cone)
quitarle la pepa a (Colombia)
descarozar (Southern Cone)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Add grilled cherry tomatoes, stoned black olives, cavello nero and some fresh basil leaves.
- Add a handful of black olives, stoned and roughly chopped, and a splash of white wine.
- Rinse and stone the plums, removing any stalks as you go.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda