Traducción de storm en español:
- 1 (Meteorol) a storm at seauna tempestadlet's try to get home before the storm breaks
un temporalintentemos llegar a casa antes de que se desate or se desencadene la tormentaa storm in a teacup (British English) to take something by stormtomar algo por asaltoshe took New York's audiences by storm
asaltar algocautivó al público neoyorquinoto weather o ride (out) the storm
tuvo un éxito clamoroso en Nueva YorkOraciones de ejemplo
- These kinds of storms can produce rain, hail snow, thunder and lightning.
- Hampshire was battered by high-speed winds and heavy rain yesterday as violent storms hit the county.
- The storms also brought strong winds and frequent lightning, we are told.
- 2 (of abuse) a new storm brokeestalló un nuevo escándalohis fifth novel was launched in a storm of publicity
se volvió a armar un revuelosu quinta novela fue lanzada con mucha alharaca or con gran despliegue publicitarioOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This was my first exposure to the raging storm of the creation-day controversy.
- However, a new poll suggests that the 39-year-old's public appeal has not been affected by the storm over drugs.
- Closer to home, the Irish Times, once the stately ship of Irish journalism, continues to be battered by storms and controversy.
- When Dylan himself decided to make the transition from folk hero to electric messiah, he found himself at the centre of a storm of protest.
- After a storm of protest, the conservation group agreed to talk to animal welfare groups to see if there was a way to save both hedgehogs and birds.
- The proposals for extra drinking time were met with a storm of protest from neighbours who said it would fuel late-night noise.
- 1 1.1 (move violently) (+ adverb complement) troops stormed into the countrylas tropas marcharon sobre el paísshe stormed into the officeirrumpió en la oficinafurious, he stormed out of the meeting
entró en la oficina como un vendavalabandonó la reunión furiosothe crowd stormed through the gatesla multitud se precipitó por la verjaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (blow violently)
- They promptly blamed each other for driving him away, and stormed off in opposite directions in the vain hope of finding their way back to the palace.
- At last, Cora and Arlan broke away and stormed off in opposite directions.
- He then turned on his heel and stormed off in the direction of the cucumber sandwiches.
soplar con fuerzaOraciones de ejemplo
- It was practically dark as we prepared to put the sign onto the posts when a strong wind stormed through bringing an icy rain and hail with it.
- He often provided a roof over my head when it stormed or the snow was deep outside.
- That night it stormed again and in the morning they set out through the driving rain, though the thunder and lightning had stopped.
- 1 (attack, capture)(city/fortress)
tomar por asalto
irrumpir enOraciones de ejemplo
- The siege finally ended the following day when troops stormed the building.
- When troops stormed the building, 129 hostages and 41 guerrillas were killed.
- With the help of military deserters, they stormed the prison and forced its surrender, massacring the commander who had fired on them early in the attack.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda