Traducción de streak en español:
- 1 1.1 (line, band) lista (feminine), raya (feminine); (in hair) reflejo (masculine), mechón (masculine); (in meat, marble) veta (feminine); (of ore) veta (feminine), filón (masculine) a streak of light un haz or un rayo de luz a streak of lightning un relámpagoExample sentences1.2 (in personality) veta (feminine) she has a mean streak tiene una veta mezquina, tiene algo de mezquina to have a yellow streak tener* algo de cobarde
- When choosing beef fillet, the outer flesh should be a bright, purplish-red colour laced with thin streaks of white fat.
- They have a thin streak of white scales that extends above their anterior eyes.
- Solid streaks of cerulean blue or vibrant cyan give the small details she depicts a life that can only be attained through extensive, lucid observation.
- Today's reading highlights the jealous streak in his character.
- Her uncle always possessed a materialistic streak to his character, even when it came down to breaks between appointments.
- Rather, it was a combination of both mental and physical elements that kept the streak alive.
- 2 (spell) racha (feminine) a streak of luck/bad luck una racha de suerte/de mala suerte to have o be on a winning/losing streak tener* una buena/mala racha I'm on a lucky streak estoy de (buena) suerteExample sentences
- This losing streak continued against Trinidad.
- In the midst of a losing streak, a contingent of backup players complained about playing time.
- The team entered last weekend on a season-high six-game losing streak, and it appears other teams are catching up to Minnesota.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (move rapidly) (+ adverb complement/+ adverbio predicativo) she streaked into the lead rápida como un rayo, se colocó a la cabeza it streaked past the window pasó como una centella por delante de la ventana lightning streaked across the sky un rayo cruzó or [literary/literario] hendió el cielo
- 2 (run naked) [colloquial/familiar] hacer* streaking ([ correr desnudo en un lugar público ])
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- tears streaked her face tenía el rostro surcado de lágrimas she's had her hair streaked se ha hecho mechas or claritos or reflejos (en el pelo)to be streaked
withsth his clothes were streaked with paint llevaba la ropa manchada or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) chorreada de pintura her hair is already streaked with gray ya tiene el cabello entrecano the rocks were streaked with ore las rocas tenían vetas de mineral
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the