Traducción de strict en español:
adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1 1.1 (severe) [education/discipline] estricto, severo, riguroso; [teacher] estricto, severo to be strict
withsb ser* estricto or severo conalgnExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (rigorous) [vegetarian] estricto, riguroso she's a strict adherent to the rules se adhiere estrictamente a las normas
- It was a strict upbringing in which rules were sacrosanct, orders were obeyed without question and everyone knew their place.
- His voice was hard and harsh, strict and stern, sad and happy all at the same time.
- I was also concerned about how scarily strict the authorities down here are on drug use.
- Spitting in and littering of public places can be stopped by enforcing strict rules as well as fines and punishments.
- Nowadays, strict regulations are enforced, banning any type of fishing in the immediate area.
- Enforcing strict rules is the only option available for any vital change in our civic sense.
- Now I am a strict follower of this rule about no corporal punishment whatsoever.
- People still have to learn why and how to support these strict followers of the Buddha.
- And certainly a strict believer in the rule of law like this Supreme Court Justice would agree.
- 2 2.1 (exact, precise) (before noun/delante del nombre) estricto, riguroso in strict order of arrival por riguroso or estricto orden de llegada in the strict sense of the word en el sentido estricto or riguroso de la palabra 2.2 (complete) (before noun/delante del nombre) absoluto in strictest secrecy en el más absoluto secreto reply in the strictest confidence se garantiza absoluta reservaExample sentences
- While true in a strict sense, the fallacy is that most of the assumptions necessary for this argument to be true are not realistic.
- It is obviously impossible to love all men in any strict and true sense.
- This group is unwavering in its strict literal interpretation of the Bible.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.