Traducción de stroke en español:
- 1 (Sport) 1.1 (in ball games) he won by three strokesganó por tres golpesOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in swimming)
(movement) brazada (feminine)(style) estilo (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Kirchoff capped a fine game by converting a penalty stroke with two field goals completing the scoring.
- US goal keeper Jeb Saez saved a penalty stroke late in the game to keep the score at 11-1.
- But Korea, after missing a penalty stroke, scored three goals but lost by the narrowest of margins.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (in rowing)
- Last year I had the luxury of swimming a few strokes backstroke so I could get a good look at the Golden Gate Bridge.
- This is also an indication of the ability to swim with fewer strokes per lap.
- When you swim with long strokes you are training all of the muscle mass needed for fast efficient swimming.
(leader of crew) cabo (masculine or feminine)to put somebody off her/his strokehacerle perder el ritmo (a alguien)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Over the years Emily has demonstrated tremendous versatility winning gold medals in all strokes in the regional championships.
- The torque or rotation in these strokes occurs in the lower torso, hips and legs.
- For both strokes, you should have extremely good elbow bend-around 90 degrees.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The oarsmen rotated their oars at four strokes per half minute and didn't show any signs of fatigue.
- Canada was rating 48 strokes per minute and Australia was right up there on 45.
- The 25-year-olds stop in a pool of light, adjust their foot straps, then, as one, lean into their strokes, tearing chunks from the water.
- Today Bencsik in stroke took his boat to the lead and for the first half of the race the duo led the field by just over a boat length.
- Cech in stroke seat had his boat in a two and a half second lead over Germany's number two crew by the 1000.
- I managed one kick and had to hang on to the stern before hauling myself back into the stroke seat.
- 2 2.1 (blow) he was given six strokes of the whiple dieron seis latigazosOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (of piston)
(motion) tiempo (masculine)(distance) carrera (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (of clock) on the stroke of eleven
- Mullahs accused of teaching friends to read the Qu'ran in Arabic received whippings of 500 strokes or more.
- The long clipper strokes are called ‘blows’ and this one, over the sheep's throat is the blow that requires the most skill of all.
- He traps it between his legs, bends over at 90 degrees, and begins 70 to 150 ‘blows’ or strokes with his shears.
al dar las onceOraciones de ejemplo
- On the downward stroke of the piston, the intake valve opens to release fuel into the combustion chamber, then closes.
- During the filling stroke of the accumulator piston, the compressed fluid is drawn from the primary piston.
- During the compression stroke, the piston moves up the cylinder, squeezing this fuel-air mix.
- Erik closed the door softly behind him as he entered, but it sounded like the stroke of a clock moments before death.
- There was a strong stroke and a weak one, like a sound and its echo.
- A clock chimed in the distance, its final count ending at eleven strokes.
- 3 3.1 (of thin brush)(of thick brush) brochazo (masculine)(of pen, pencil) trazo (masculine)with a bold stroke of the pende un plumazoapply using light, quick strokes
con un trazo fuerteaplicar dando ligeros toquesOraciones de ejemplo3.2 (oblique, slash)
- Look closely at the pencil strokes in this drawing and you will not see one faltering line.
- Katz's forte is history of ideas, on a grand canvas with bold strokes of broad brushes.
- I didn't even bother looking up; I just drew faster, making quick violent strokes on the paper.
- 4 4.1 (action, feat) a stroke of geniusuna genialidadat a stroke not to do a stroke of workno hacer absolutamente nadano dar or pegar golpe [colloquial]different strokes for different folkssobre gustos no hay nada escrito4.2 (instance) a stroke of luckun golpe de suerteit was a stroke of sheer misfortune
una suertefue una verdadera mala suerte
- 5 (Medicine) to have a stroketener or sufrir un ataque de apoplejía or un derrame cerebralOraciones de ejemplo
- The pollution could also restrict their blood flow, causing strokes and heart attacks.
- By preventing the formation of blood clots it can reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- More serious risks include life-threatening blood clots, stroke, and heart attack.
- 6 6.1 (caress)Oraciones de ejemplo6.2 (Psychology)
- Run the razor under the shower and then begin with some slow, gentle strokes in an upward motion.
- Then, using the lightest pressure possible, roll with gentle, overlapping strokes to finish off.
- For a final time it passed its forearm over the limb and with a gentle stroke of her fur stepped away.
- 1 (caress) he stroked her cheekle acarició la mejillahe stroked his beard pensivelyse mesó la barba pensativamenteOraciones de ejemplo
- Anna sat by the bed, once again, stroking his hair, and she stroked his side too.
- The first, innocuous shower stroked the lake's surface but, when the wind came up, the loons began to call madly.
- Imaginary fingers combed through his hair, stroked the side of his face.
darle un golpe suave aOraciones de ejemplo
- Monaco's players are just stroking the ball around for fun now, with the Chelsea players reduced to chasing shadows.
- The huge Dutch contingent in the crowd is in fine voice as their players stroke the ball around.
- For half an hour he had showed himself, through the unhurried ease with which he stroked the ball around, to be a cut above.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda