Traducción de substitute en español:
- 1.1 (thing) Ver ejemplos:substitute (
forsomething) coffee/sugar substitutethere's no substitute for experiencesucedáneo del café/del azúcarthere is no substitute for doing it by handnada puede sustituir a la experienciaaccept no substitutes!no hay nada como hacerlo a mano¡no acepte imitaciones!Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (person) to be a substitute
- There is no substitute for immediate political intervention to diffuse this crisis.
- Real-time data informing the passenger of poor service availability is no substitute for improved service availability.
- No substitute for experience exists, though, and I certainly will not make the same mistake again.
forsomebodyshe's just a substitute for his mothersustituir a alguienella no es más que un sustituto de la figura materna(before noun) (goalkeeper/player)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The instructor had been an older man and someone that Carl had seen as a father figure, a substitute to fill part of a missing piece of his life.
- Before World War II, the single mother remained within her family circle, where a grandfather or uncle could become a substitute father.
- Victorio is dispassionate and controlling as the substitute father figure.
- Each team will comprise of 5 players and two substitutes and games begin at 9.30 am prompt.
- Parsley again goes into a cup match without a substitute goalkeeper.
- On an earlier occasion, I suggested that if a player is injured and unable to take part, a substitute should replace the injured man and take part in the game without any restrictions whatsoever.
- to substitute something
forsomethingsubstitute X for Ysubstitute honey for sugarsustituir la Y por Xsustituya or reemplace el azúcar por mielOraciones de ejemplo
- Plastic mesh can be substituted for the wire mesh.
- The stem bark yields quality fibre that may be substituted for jute, but is stated to be of no advantage over jute.
- It could also save the lives of laboratory mice because chicken eggs and embryos share many genes and biochemical pathways with mammals, so they can be substituted for live animals in experiments.
- to substitute
forsomething/somebodycan you substitute for me (on) Friday night?in this recipe parsley can substitute for coriander¿me puedes sustituir or reemplazar el viernes por la noche?en esta receta el cilantro se puede sustituir por perejilOraciones de ejemplo
- Bananas are a good alternative to potatoes as a source of potassium, and citrus fruits can substitute for broccoli to cover vitamin C requirements.
- Unmanned air surface and undersea vehicles can substitute for the loss of a number of ships, but not for all of them.
- Insurers have guaranteed schools that non-teaching staff employed to patrol school property or to substitute for staff on uncertified sick leave will be covered.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to