Traducción de substitute en español:
- 1.1 (thing) substitute (
forsth) sucedáneo (masculine)( dealgo) coffee/sugar substitute sucedáneo del café/del azúcar there's no substitute for experience nada puede sustituir a la experiencia there is no substitute for doing it by hand no hay nada como hacerlo a mano accept no substitutes! ¡no acepte imitaciones! 1.2 (person) sustituto, (masculine, feminine), reemplazo (masculine), suplente (masculine and feminine) to be a substitute forsb sustituir* a algn she's just a substitute for his mother ella no es más que un sustituto de la figura materna (before noun/delante del nombre) [goalkeeper/player] suplenteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is no substitute for immediate political intervention to diffuse this crisis.
- Real-time data informing the passenger of poor service availability is no substitute for improved service availability.
- No substitute for experience exists, though, and I certainly will not make the same mistake again.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The instructor had been an older man and someone that Carl had seen as a father figure, a substitute to fill part of a missing piece of his life.
- Before World War II, the single mother remained within her family circle, where a grandfather or uncle could become a substitute father.
- Victorio is dispassionate and controlling as the substitute father figure.
- Each team will comprise of 5 players and two substitutes and games begin at 9.30 am prompt.
- Parsley again goes into a cup match without a substitute goalkeeper.
- On an earlier occasion, I suggested that if a player is injured and unable to take part, a substitute should replace the injured man and take part in the game without any restrictions whatsoever.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.