Traducción de substitute en español:
- 1.1 (thing) substitute (
forsth) sucedáneo (masculine)( dealgo) coffee/sugar substitute sucedáneo del café/del azúcar there's no substitute for experience nada puede sustituir a la experiencia there is no substitute for doing it by hand no hay nada como hacerlo a mano accept no substitutes! ¡no acepte imitaciones! 1.2 (person) sustituto, (masculine, feminine), reemplazo (masculine), suplente (masculine and feminine) to be a substitute forsb sustituir* a algn she's just a substitute for his mother ella no es más que un sustituto de la figura materna (before noun/delante del nombre) [goalkeeper/player] suplenteExample sentences
- There is no substitute for immediate political intervention to diffuse this crisis.
- Real-time data informing the passenger of poor service availability is no substitute for improved service availability.
- No substitute for experience exists, though, and I certainly will not make the same mistake again.
- The instructor had been an older man and someone that Carl had seen as a father figure, a substitute to fill part of a missing piece of his life.
- Before World War II, the single mother remained within her family circle, where a grandfather or uncle could become a substitute father.
- Victorio is dispassionate and controlling as the substitute father figure.
- Each team will comprise of 5 players and two substitutes and games begin at 9.30 am prompt.
- Parsley again goes into a cup match without a substitute goalkeeper.
- On an earlier occasion, I suggested that if a player is injured and unable to take part, a substitute should replace the injured man and take part in the game without any restrictions whatsoever.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.