Traducción de support en español:
- 1 1.1 (hold up)(bridge/structure)the roof is supported by six columnsthe chair couldn't support his weightel tejado descansa sobre or se apoya en seis columnasshe had to support herself on a chairla silla no pudo aguantar or resistir su pesotuvo que apoyarse en una sillaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (Economics, Finance) a move to support the dollar
una medida para mantener la cotización del dólar or para proteger el dólar
- The sixty-three-ton dome was also supported by reinforced braces.
- A structural, or load bearing, brick wall is a wall in which brick supports the weight of the structure.
- It is the frame that supports the weight of the prop and the child actor, distributing it across the body of the bearer.
- 2 2.1 (maintain, sustain) to support oneselfthe hospital is supported entirely by private donationsganarse la vida or [literary] el sustento2.2 (Computing)el hospital está enteramente financiado por donaciones de particularesOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The thing doesn't support Hyper-Threading in its current BIOS version.
- All Intel chipsets supporting 533MHz system bus do support Hyper-Threading.
- What's interesting about this is that the 3.06GHz Pentium 4 was the first P4 to officially support Hyper-Threading.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Men were dedicated to providing for and supporting their family and raising noteworthy children.
- Other countries have been perhaps more successful at striking a balance between economic necessities and supporting the family.
- All my life they have supported me and provided all the necessary things.
- After all, a river that can hold huge carp and catfish should, in theory, have enough food to support some big barbel.
- Fed by upland streams, its brackish waters supported a wide variety of life.
- This could signal that Mars, a dry and cold planet, was once an environment friendly enough to support life.
- 3 3.1 (encourage) they went along to support their team3.2 (back)fueron a animar a su equipo(cause/motion)which team do you support?I support the Greens¿de qué equipo eres (hincha)?delegates voted to support the resolutionestoy con los verdeslos delegados votaron a favor de la resoluciónOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo3.3 (back up) we support him wholeheartedly
- These people are supported financially and given all assistance to be self-sufficient in our community and this cost a lot of money.
- He's in love with her but is too much of a coward to leave Vanessa, who supports him financially.
- One of the ways liberals hope to regain that ground is by following the conservative model of running and financially supporting candidates in local races.
lo apoyamos sin reservas
- Your spouse is there to comfort and support you so depend on him or her a little.
- We will do our best to comfort and support them in every way while you do your duty.
- Your loving partner supports you through troubled waters.
- 4 (Cinema, Music, Theater) he's supported by a splendid castthe band was supported by …lo secunda or respalda un magnífico elenco de actoresel grupo telonero fue …Oraciones de ejemplo
- Now she knows what she wants, her career has become secondary - thus her choice of supporting roles in ensemble films such as Ocean's Eleven, Ocean's Twelve and Full Frontal.
- He will soon be cast as a supporting actor in a film.
- Why do they have supporting actor categories for film, but not for television?
- 5 (corroborate)Oraciones de ejemplo
- This study supports several researchers who suggest using the neutral zone and no-touch technique to reduce the risk of injuries during surgical procedures.
- The data presented in the study supports this suggestion.
- These suggestions are indirectly supported by spinal microdialysis study.
- 1 1.1 countable (of structure) 1.2 countable (Medicine, Sport) athletic support (British English)Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 uncountable (physical) Ver ejemplos: the pillars provide the support for the arches
to lean on somebody for supportlos pilares sirven de apoyo a los arcosthese shoes give a lot of supportapoyarse en alguien (para sostenerse)(before noun) support stockings support pantyhose (American English) o tights (British English)estos zapatos sujetan or sostienen bien el piepanti(e)s (masculine plural) elásticospanti(e)s (feminine plural) elásticaspantimedias (feminine plural) elásticas (Mexico)
- Officers called to the scene found the old-style red cast iron phone kiosk in smithereens with just the four corner upright supports still standing.
- The functional requirements of a toast-rack are far less stringent, and this is one of a series of designs in which Dresser plays with different geometrical possibilities for creating a row of upright supports.
- If it's a small target, like the upright supports of a bridge or the mouth of a cave, you need a bomb that will land within ten feet of where you aim it.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (financial) government support for sports is inadequatehe has no means of supportla ayuda or el apoyo gubernamental al deporte es insuficienteshe has (financial) support from her ex-husbandno tiene ninguna fuente de ingresosno tiene con qué mantenerse2.2 countable (person)su exmarido contribuye económicamente a su manutenciónOraciones de ejemplo
- She said positions at risk were mainly those of support staff and teaching assistants.
- As a result, it is short of sufficient financial and material support to develop any further.
- They have no back up system, no organisation to which they can turn to for support and financial assistance.
- 3 countable (backing, encouragement) you can count on my supportI've had absolutely no support from youpuede contar con mi apoyo or respaldothe class folded because of lack of supportno me has apoyado en absolutothe crowd gave their team vociferous supportla clase tuvo que cerrar por falta de interésI went with her to give her (moral) supportel público animó a su equipo con gran vehemencia(before noun) a support system for single-parent familiesla acompañé para que se sintiera apoyada or respaldadauna infraestructura de apoyo a las familias monoparentalesOraciones de ejemplo
- Finally, I have contacted colleagues who were only too happy to give their support for this letter.
- The council said it had received 444 objections and seven letters of support for the application.
- He needs to do so to affirm popular and Congressional support for an arduous campaign.
- 4 uncountable 4.1 (Military) to bring up troops/ships in supportllevar tropas/barcos de apoyo(before noun) (vessels/trenches/troops)4.2 (backup) technical/dealer supportde apoyo(program)servicio técnico/de ventas(Computing)de apoyoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was leaning on the back of the sofa for support and wearing a satisfied smirk.
- Sheila found herself clutching the sideboard for support as a surge of vertigo threatened to overcome her.
- He seems none the worse for wear, despite momentarily leaning on his scythe for support.
- In the area of technical helpdesk support, Fraser is also looking to win up to four new clients each year.
- It will be responsible for desktops, mail systems, network, intranet and website support.
- My main objection regarding Microsoft's whole licensing scheme is the lack of decent home user support.
- 5in support of (as preposition) he spoke in support of the motiona demonstration in support of the Presidenthabló a favor de or en apoyo de la mociónshe could produce no evidence in support of her claimuna manifestación de apoyo al presidentehe produced figures in support of his theoryno pudo presentar pruebas en apoyo de su demandapresentó cifras que respaldaban or confirmaban su teoría
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.