Traducción de surge en español:
- 1 (movement) the surge of the seala fuerza del oleajea surge of peopleuna oleada de genteI was carried along by the surge of the crowdme vi arrastrada por una marea de gentehe felt a surge of angersintió que lo invadía un sentimiento de irawe felt a new surge of hopesentimos renacer nuestras esperanzasa surge in demand/salesun repentino aumento de la demanda/las ventasa power surge (Electricity)una subida de tensión or de voltaje
- 2 (wave) [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
- He tosses it beyond a breaking wave, and it bobs and sinks in the maelstrom of receding water colliding with the next surge of the tide.
- If you go down Brigade Road, you can only inch forwards, pushed on by the surge of the crowd.
- The traffic light changed, the traffic cop motioned for the crowd to cross, there was a surge forward, and suddenly the whole tone of the demonstration changed.
- 1 (rush)(wave)
levantarse(sea)the crowd surged out through the gates
hincharsela gente salió en tropel por las puertasanger/hatred surged up inside herla ira/el odio la invadió or se apoderó de ellato surge ahead to surge ahead of somebodyadelantársele a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- The crowds surged forward immediately and smashed the sign.
- At about midday a truck pulled up and the crowd surged forward.
- The crowd was surging forward, deafening him with screams and cheers, more high pitched than not, as the majority of the throng pushing him forward seemed to be girls.
- 2 (increase sharply)(demand/sales/popularity)
aumentar vertiginosamenteOraciones de ejemplo
- He warned that unless supply continued to meet demand, prices would surge once again.
- The prospect of power cuts had risen during the late 1990s as demand for power surged in line with economic growth.
- The testing equipment-maker's shares surged as sales rose for the first time in six quarters.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda