Traducción de surge en español:
- 1.1 (movement) Ver ejemplos: the surge of the seaa surge of peoplela fuerza del oleajeI was carried along by the surge of the crowduna oleada de gentehe felt a surge of angerme vi arrastrada por una marea de gentewe felt a new surge of hopesintió que lo invadía un sentimiento de iraa surge in demand/salessentimos renacer nuestras esperanzasa power surge (Electricity)un repentino aumento de la demanda/las ventas1.2 (wave) [literary]una subida de tensión or de voltajeOraciones de ejemplo
- He tosses it beyond a breaking wave, and it bobs and sinks in the maelstrom of receding water colliding with the next surge of the tide.
- If you go down Brigade Road, you can only inch forwards, pushed on by the surge of the crowd.
- The traffic light changed, the traffic cop motioned for the crowd to cross, there was a surge forward, and suddenly the whole tone of the demonstration changed.
- 1.1 (rush)(wave)levantarse(sea)the crowd surged out through the gateshincharseanger/hatred surged up inside herla gente salió en tropel por las puertasto surge ahead to surge ahead of somebodyla ira/el odio la invadió or se apoderó de ella1.2 (increase sharply)adelantársele a alguien(demand/sales/popularity)aumentar vertiginosamenteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He warned that unless supply continued to meet demand, prices would surge once again.
- The prospect of power cuts had risen during the late 1990s as demand for power surged in line with economic growth.
- The testing equipment-maker's shares surged as sales rose for the first time in six quarters.
- The crowds surged forward immediately and smashed the sign.
- At about midday a truck pulled up and the crowd surged forward.
- The crowd was surging forward, deafening him with screams and cheers, more high pitched than not, as the majority of the throng pushing him forward seemed to be girls.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.