- 1.1 [movement] amplio; [gesture] dramático, histriónicoMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (indiscriminate) [pejorative/peyorativo] that's rather a sweeping statement, isn't it? ¿no estás generalizando demasiado? he often made sweeping generalizations a menudo caía en burdas generalizaciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (overwhelming) [victory] arrollador, aplastante 1.4 (far-reaching) [reforms/changes] radical; [powers] amplio
- This was previously Ben Stevenson's place, she says, her buff arms extending in a sweeping motion to encompass the townhouse living room.
- A rich brew of extended lines, sweeping curves, off-kilter balances, de Schynkel's vocabulary is expressive without being literal.
- High above Kresna, we were following a trail through the foothills of Pirin, and were being treated to a sweeping panorama that seemingly extended all the way to Greece.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The only possible exception to this sweeping statement would be Karl Marx - and Marx himself was heavily influenced by Hegel.
- Making a generalised and sweeping statement on every politician and the whole system was an irresponsible act.
- There was a general sweeping statement, because, of course, it does not have the World Health Organization findings.
- The government plans to give sweeping powers to a wide range of organisations to spy on us.
- Berlusconi then reverted to his normal strategy by pleading for several more years to put into effect the sweeping reforms he had promised on his election.
- There is a well-known method for examining deaths involving a range of sweeping issues - the provincial inquest system.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.