- [terms/phrases] sinónimo; [ideas] análogo to be synonymous
withsth ser* sinónimo dealgo the company's name is synonymous with quality el nombre de la compañía es sinónimo de calidadMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I for one do not share the view that the terms are essentially synonymous.
- If at one point the terms were synonymous their meanings have gradually diverged.
- Back in England, the phrase ‘mumbo jumbo’ became synonymous with rubbish rantings.
- Not only does the garment instantly suggest dance, it is synonymous with classical ballet.
- Granted, Chekhov's name is not synonymous with comedy, but this work shows he has a lighter side.
- For years, the internet has been practically synonymous with anonymity.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.