Traducción de talk en español:
- 1 1.1(utter words)1.2also: talking present participle(doll)que habla(book/newspaper)talking picture (Cinema)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He can only use his right hand and finds talking difficult as his speech is impaired.
- He talks, but his speech has not developed at the rate it should.
- 2(speak)to talk in English/in a whispershe talks very fast/with a French accenthablar en inglés/en susurroswe talked on the phonehabla muy rápido/con acento francéseveryone stopped talkinghablamos or (in Central America, Mexico also) platicamos por teléfonostop talking!todo el mundo se callódon't talk with your mouth full!¡silencio!he never stops talking¡no hables con la boca llena!they talked and talkedno para de hablarhabla hasta por los codos [colloquial]you'd think she was a monster the way they talkhablaron largo y tendidoI wish he were dead! — you shouldn't talk like that!oyéndolos a ellos, cualquiera diría que es un monstruoto talk¡ojalá se muriera! — ¡no digas eso!
aboutsomebody/somethingwe talked about you/the weatherhablar dealguien/algohe doesn't know what he's talking abouthablamos de ti/del tiempothe year's most talked-about eventno sabe lo que diceyou ate it all? talk about greedy! [colloquial]el acontecimiento más comentado del añofor a basic kit you're talking about $900 [colloquial]¿te lo comiste todo? ¡hay que ser glotón!to talkpara un equipo básico hay que pensar en unos 900 dólares ofsomethingshe's talking of retiring next yearhablar dealgotalking of food, when's dinner?está hablando de jubilarse el año que vienethe much talked-of project has come to nothinghablando de comida or a propósito de comida ¿a qué hora se cena?to talkel proyecto del que tanto se ha hablado ha quedado en agua de borrajas tosomebodyare you talking to me ?I wasn't talking to you¿me hablas a mí?who was that you were talking to?yo no estaba hablando contigo or no te estaba hablando a tidon't talk to me about buses!¿con quién hablabas?aren't you two talking to each other?¡me vas a decir a mí lo que son los autobuses!he wanted someone to talk to¿ustedes no se hablan?to talk to oneselfnecesitaba a alguien con quien hablarI was only talking to myselfhablar solohe was talking at rather than to usestaba hablando solothey talked right past each otherse estaba escuchando a sí mismo, más que hablando con nosotrosto talkhablaron sin entenderse withsomebodyto get talkinghablar or (in Central America, Mexico also) platicar conalguienhow did you get talking to o with him?entablar conversaciónponerse a hablar or (in Central America, Mexico also) a platicarshe kept him talking while I escaped¿cómo fue que entablaste conversación or que te pusiste a hablar con él?they talked away for hoursella lo entretuvo hablando mientras yo me escapéthey talk in millions of dollarsestuvieron horas charlando or (in Central America, Mexico also) platicandodon't talk daft! (British English) [colloquial]hablan de millones de dólaresto talk dirty o filthy [slang]¡no digas bobadas! [colloquial]it's easy for you to talk!decir vulgaridadesyou're just lazy! — you can talk! o you can't talk! o look who's talking! [colloquial]¡es fácil decirlo or hablar!now you're talking! [colloquial] money talks¡es que eres un vago! — ¡mira quién habla!
- 3 3.1(have discussion)is there somewhere we can talk?we've got to talk¿podemos hablar en privado?I'm always here if you want to talktenemos que hablarthe two sides are ready to talksi necesitas hablar con alguien, aquí estoyto talklas dos partes están dispuestas a negociar
aboutsomethingwe have to talk about datesthey refuse to talk about sovereigntytenemos que discutir posibles fechas3.2 (give talk) Ver ejemplos:to talk (se niegan a entrar en negociaciones sobre soberanía about/ onsomething)3.3dar una charla ( sobrealgo)(gossip)people will talkyou know how she talksva a dar mucho que hablaryou can't stop people talkingya sabes cómo le gusta hablarno se puede evitar que la gente haga comentariosOraciones de ejemplo3.4
(reveal secret)to make somebody talkhacer hablar a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
- She's the bride-to-be who's got the whole country talking about her cold feet.
- He always was a big name here in New York, but now the whole country's talking about him.
- These long ago promised chairs have had the whole office talking for weeks now.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Multinationals will go to any lengths to keep their employees from talking, we can reveal.
- Some talked and sold their secrets for their lives.
- We want them to talk to each other in addition to their governments talking.
- North End confirmed they were talking to players, but refused to name names.
- 1 (speak) [colloquial]they were talking Italianto talk golf/economicshablaban (en) italianowe're talking big money herehablar de golf/economíadon't talk nonsense!estamos hablando de mucho dinero¡no digas tonterías!Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, since I was so relieved to be talking to someone, I started talking with her friend.
- As well as stopping and talking to people on the street we also spent a lot of time checking under bridges and talking with the homeless there.
- For Arius, it was logically possible to talk about God without talking of him as Father.
- A while ago people were talking Oscar nominations, but it would really be an injustice if it got any.
- Where the age or consent is a defence, well you're talking a different kettle of fish.
- We're certainly not talking your average, run-of-the-mill love story here.
- 2 (argue, persuade) Ver ejemplos:to talk somebody
into/ out ofsomething/ -inghe talked me into doing itconvencer a alguien de que/ de que no+ subjunctivesee if you can talk her out of it!me convenció de que lo hicierato talk one's way o oneself into/out of somethingshe had to talk her way out of troublea ver si puedes convencerla de que no lo hagahe talked himself into a cornertuvo que usar mucha labia para salir del aprietoshe talked herself into the jobse metió en aprietos or en un lío por hablarhabló tan bien que le dieron el trabajoOraciones de ejemplo
- The negotiators would come up, attempt to talk this person into letting them go.
- While at his daughter's home he developed an infection and after days of persuasion from his family was talked into going back into hospital.
- He was talked out of a tightrope walk between two sky-scrapers to open a megastore in New York, but he has come close to death many times in publicity stunts.
- 1 countable 1.1 (conversation) I gathered very little from my talk with herit's time we had a little talksaqué muy poco en limpio de mi conversación con ellaI had a long talk with himya es hora de que hablemos seriamente1.2 (lecture) to give a talk about o on somethingestuve hablando or (in Central America, Mexico also) platicando un rato largo con éldar una charla sobre algoOraciones de ejemplo1.3
also: talks plural(negotiations)to have o hold talksconversaciones (feminine plural)negociaciones (feminine plural)the two leaders met for talksmantener or sostener conversacioneslos dos líderes se reunieron para dialogarOraciones de ejemplo
- Members of the Countryside Team will be present and there will be an informal talk, followed by a gentle walk through the park.
- Earlier the peer educators had used a lecture-cum-discussion technique and but later switched over to informal talks in groups.
- In his talk, Harvey will address the anxiety that string theory has produced.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Singapore is also now in formal talks with Canada, China and Mexico for similar agreements.
- Norway has indicated it has suspended formal involvement in the talks, adding to the pressure on the prime minister and the president to end the political stalemate.
- No formal talks are under way, and there is a chance no deal will occur.
- In movies like this, a picture is worth a thousand words, and less talk would have been welcome.
- In fact, careless talk and unciphered communications gave considerable help to German intelligence.
- The avian flu virus which has generated much talk and discussion across continents in recent weeks is of a deadly nature.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (suggestion, rumor) Ver ejemplos: there is talk of his retiringthere was even talk of …se habla de que or corre la voz de que se va a jubilarit was the talk of the townllegó incluso a hablarse de …2.2 (words) [colloquial] [pejorative]era la comidilla del lugarno se hablaba más que de esoit's just talk!palabras (feminine plural)you get nothing but talk from him!es pura palabrería [colloquial] [pejorative]all that talk about making me a star!habla mucho pero luego nadato be all talk (and no action)¡tanto hablar de que me iban a convertir en una estrella!hablar mucho y no hacer nadaOraciones de ejemplo
- The promises and the tough talk are being met with justifiable skepticism.
- For all their talk and promises of support, they have always placed self-preservation at the top of their list.
- If we think about it together we might be able to do things beyond just empty talk.
Verbos con partícula
- 1verb + object + adverb
- → talk around
- to talk somebody through something
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.