- (Cookery) (large) apple/plum tarttarta or (Chile) kuchen de manzana/ciruelaOraciones de ejemplo
- There are bagels and muffins, chocolate chip cookies, eclairs, tarts, Danish pastries, baklavas and quiches.
- There were also single-crusted tarts with similar fillings and tarts of apples and other fruits.
- We had roast potatoes and cauliflower and then something like apple tart with custard for afters.
- (promiscuous woman) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The suffragettes donned red lipstick as a feminist statement at a time when only tarts and actresses wore the old war paint.
- You might get a tart calling over, ' Hello Jack, how are you ' - that sort of thing.
- The only alibi he can provide for the night of the murder is that he was being spanked by a tart in frilly knickers.
Verbos con partícula
- 1.1 (acid)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (cutting)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This compound has a fruity flavour which, when added to the tart taste of acetic acid, gives the complex character to a good wine vinegar.
- And the tangy apple flavour found in most Chardonnays comes primarily from malic acid, the tart acid found in apples.
- Boyle went on to characterize acids, noting their sour or tart taste and their ability to corrode metals.
- He has tart remarks concerning the latest Anglican commotions.
- He looked incredulous, unoffended by her tart tone.
- She was old enough to be Bahzell's mother, and her tart tone was so like his old nurse's that he grinned despite his tension.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.