- 1 (subject, principal idea) tema (masculine) a theme which recurs in his later works un tema que vuelve a aparecer en su obra posterior her songs have social themes sus canciones tratan de temas sociales or tienen una temática social theme pub ≈ bar (masculine) temáticoMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This major exhibition focuses on the theme of desire in Surrealist art.
- The former church will host an installation-based exhibition on the theme of light, which will run from July to October.
- So we decided to have an exhibition on the theme of illumination.
- Another important cause of tension was the persistent use of mythological themes in art and literature, in a society still devoted to Christianity.
- Love, sex, duplicity, betrayal - the abiding themes of literature are all there, along with the fascinating twist that it's all going on under the watchful eye of the public.
- The other day I glanced at the latest of these potted guides, which informed me that ‘childhood is a recurring theme in Scottish literature’.
- 2 2.1 [Cinema/Cine] [Radio] [Television/Televisión] tema (masculine) 2.2 (principal melody) tema (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are motifs, themes, and recurring melodies, all the things you'd expect from one song blown up to forty minutes.
- Written in the form of a theme and variations, Britten composed a central theme based on a melody by the first great English composer, Henry Purcell.
- His operas reveal careful dramatic planning, and his use of recurring themes and motifs frequently creates conceptual and musical unity within a work.
- The theme music of the film has become a hit with mobile users in town.
- Pop stardom is simply not on his agenda, with film scores and theme music having significantly more appeal, and in his view, greater longevity in terms of a career.
- It's a pleasure to hear the film's theme music and Nat King Cole's efforts so well presented.
- 3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (essay) trabajo (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She had to write a theme once on what book she'd want to have with her if she were stranded on a desert island.
- So how do I go about writing a theme?
- Each student will write a theme on a topic chosen by the teacher or selected through a class activity such as brainstorming.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.