Traducción de thick en español:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 it's 5cm thicktiene 5cm de espesor or de grosoran inch-thick layeruna capa de una pulgada de espesor or de grosorOraciones de ejemplo1.2
(in consistency) (soup/cream/sauce)
- A scar ran from above his right eye, across his nose and mouth, and ended just below the left side of his thick lips.
- The burgers they dine on are suitably beefy without being too big, with stacks of thick fries on the side.
- She looked across her room to the desk on the other side, the thick book on top of it waiting to be read.
espesoOraciones de ejemplo1.3
- It should have the consistency of a thick paste.
- My main meal came with well seasoned roasted potatoes, nice firm courgettes in thick tomato sauce, and mildly spiced yam.
- Cook for a few minutes longer until the lamb and zucchini are both tender and the mixture has the consistency of a thick sauce.
tupido(beard/eyebrows)she has thick hair
pobladotiene mucho pelo
tiene el pelo grueso y abundanteOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was tall and lanky, with small round glasses and a close cap of thick curls.
- At the end of the three-hour journey, the thick forests thin out revealing a much-used pathway which slopes abruptly to the bed of a nearby river.
- Tall palm trees and thick forests of cactuses give travellers the impression that they are staying in a tropical region.
- Rain, heavy cloud cover and thick fog in the area had prompted Albania's prime minister to cancel his own flight to the conference.
- It simply continued, going on towards infinity until finally the air itself was so thick as to be opaque.
- They could see an immense mountain that stretched up into heavy thick clouds.
- 2 (covered, filled) (predicative) to be thick
withsomethingestar llenothick with dust dealgolleno de polvothick with smokecargado or lleno de humothick with touristsatestado or [pejorative] plagado de turistasOraciones de ejemplo
- The air was thick with incense smoke from joss sticks and everyone was eating.
- The air was thick with grit and smoke, its acidic taste coating the insides of her mouth.
- The air is often thick with the perfume of jasmine and orange blossom.
- 3 with a thick voice(from drink)
con voz pastosa(from fear)I woke up with a thick head
con voz sordame levanté con la cabeza embotadaOraciones de ejemplo
- The actors are especially unhappy about the scene where the asylum seeker meets the English girl's parents and they cannot understand a word he says because of his thick accent.
- Plus, my accent was so thick that it was hard for the teachers to understand me.
- The guy had spoken with a thick accent which made it hard to understand his words.
- 4 [colloquial] 4.1 4.2 (unfair) it's a bit thickya es demasiado4.3 (close) (predicative) to be thick (
ya es pasarse [colloquial]
withsomebody)estar a partir un piñón or (Southern Cone) un confite (con alguien)he's very thick with the bossel jefe y él están a partir un piñón or (Southern Cone) un confite
el jefe y él son uña y carne or [humorous] uña y mugre or (River Plate area) carne y uñaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He seems very thick with him.
- ‘He has a fair chance of success, too, for he seems very thick with Floyd, and it's a good thing to have a friend at headquarters,’ observed the Colonel.
- Up until then I'd just been branded as the thick, stupid farmer's son.
- Was he plain stupid, thick or did he just want to die?
- I used to think it was me being stupid and thick; the teachers used to call me that a lot.
- she likes to be in the thick of thingsle gusta estar donde está la acciónin the thick of the brawlen lo más reñido de la peleain the thick of night (American English)en plena nochethrough thick and thintanto en las duras como en las madurasyou can rely on him, through thick and thinpuedes contar con él tanto en las duras como en las maduras
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda