Traducción de thick en español:
adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1 1.1 [layer/book/fabric] grueso, gordo [colloquial/familiar] it's 5cm thick tiene 5cm de espesor or de grosor an inch-thick layer una capa de una pulgada de espesor or de grosorOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A scar ran from above his right eye, across his nose and mouth, and ended just below the left side of his thick lips.
- The burgers they dine on are suitably beefy without being too big, with stacks of thick fries on the side.
- She looked across her room to the desk on the other side, the thick book on top of it waiting to be read.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in consistency) [soup/cream/sauce] espeso
- Up until then I'd just been branded as the thick, stupid farmer's son.
- Was he plain stupid, thick or did he just want to die?
- I used to think it was me being stupid and thick; the teachers used to call me that a lot.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (dense) [vegetation] espeso, denso; [fur/hedge] tupido; [fog/smoke] espeso, denso; [beard/eyebrows] poblado she has thick hair tiene mucho pelo, tiene el pelo grueso y abundante
- He seems very thick with him.
- ‘He has a fair chance of success, too, for he seems very thick with Floyd, and it's a good thing to have a friend at headquarters,’ observed the Colonel.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It should have the consistency of a thick paste.
- My main meal came with well seasoned roasted potatoes, nice firm courgettes in thick tomato sauce, and mildly spiced yam.
- Cook for a few minutes longer until the lamb and zucchini are both tender and the mixture has the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Rain, heavy cloud cover and thick fog in the area had prompted Albania's prime minister to cancel his own flight to the conference.
- It simply continued, going on towards infinity until finally the air itself was so thick as to be opaque.
- They could see an immense mountain that stretched up into heavy thick clouds.
- 2 (covered, filled) (predicative/predicativo) to be thick
withsth estar* lleno dealgo thick with dust lleno de polvo thick with smoke cargado or lleno de humo thick with tourists atestado or [pejorative/peyorativo] plagado de turistasOraciones de ejemplo
- The air was thick with incense smoke from joss sticks and everyone was eating.
- The air was thick with grit and smoke, its acidic taste coating the insides of her mouth.
- The air is often thick with the perfume of jasmine and orange blossom.
- 3 (heavy) [accent] fuerte, marcado with a thick voice (from drink) con voz pastosa (from fear) con voz sorda I woke up with a thick head me levanté con la cabeza embotadaOraciones de ejemplo
- The actors are especially unhappy about the scene where the asylum seeker meets the English girl's parents and they cannot understand a word he says because of his thick accent.
- Plus, my accent was so thick that it was hard for the teachers to understand me.
- The guy had spoken with a thick accent which made it hard to understand his words.
- 4 [colloquial/familiar] 4.1 (stupid) burro [colloquial/familiar], corto [colloquial/familiar] 4.2 (unfair) it's a bit thick ya es demasiado, ya es pasarse [colloquial/familiar] 4.3 (close) (predicative/predicativo) to be thick (
withsb) estar* a partir un piñón or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) un confite (con algn) he's very thick with the boss el jefe y él están a partir un piñón or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) un confite, el jefe y él son uña y carne or [humorous/humorístico] uña y mugre or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) carne y uñaOraciones de ejemplo
- He was tall and lanky, with small round glasses and a close cap of thick curls.
- At the end of the three-hour journey, the thick forests thin out revealing a much-used pathway which slopes abruptly to the bed of a nearby river.
- Tall palm trees and thick forests of cactuses give travellers the impression that they are staying in a tropical region.
- she likes to be in the thick of things le gusta estar donde está la acción in the thick of the brawl en lo más reñido de la pelea in the thick of night (American English/inglés norteamericano) en plena noche through thick and thin tanto en las duras como en las maduras you can rely on him, through thick and thin puedes contar con él tanto en las duras como en las maduras
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.