Traducción de tight en español:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (fitting closely)(if uncomfortable, unsightly) apretadoa short, tight skirtuna falda corta y ajustada or ceñidathis skirt's too tight round the waistesta falda me queda muy apretada de cinturathese shoes are a bit tightestos zapatos me aprietan un poco or me quedan un poco apretadosOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (stiff, hard to move)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Never ride in cold weather with tight boots or shoes, nor close-fitting gloves.
- Also tighten your shoes well and wear tight socks so that they will not come out of the shoes.
- Don't wear tight clothing or shoes that can cause pressure and blistering.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (with nothing to spare)
- Giving it to Lior, Shumba watched as the guard drew closer to Amenra, her graying blond curls fastened in a tight knot along her gold enclosed neck.
- Just then, there was a short knock and the door swung open to reveal his mother, undoing her tight, business-like bun.
- She can't open cans or bottles if the lid is tight, and she's had to give up needlepoint.
- Every muscle in his body was tight, and Rion had wondered if he'd frozen like that.
- Early on after my coma the muscles in my body were incredibly tight.
- She was shaking, her body was tight and her eyes were practically bleeding.
estrecho(schedule)there's room for four, but it's a tight squeeze
apretadocaben cuatro, pero bastante apretadoswe're on a tight budgettenemos un presupuesto muy limitadohis schedule is very tighttiene una agenda muy apretadawe're operating to a very tight timetabletrabajamos con márgenes de tiempo muy estrechos or ajustadosmoney's tightestán ( or estamos etc) apretados or escasos de dineroOraciones de ejemplo1.4 (close)
- If money is tight and restricting you from having the flowers you dream of then why not consider making your own bouquet.
- ‘We know money is tight, but a contribution would let the veterans know they were remembered,’ said Bob.
- Money was tight; he couldn't afford the trips on his salary as a counselor at St. Petersburg College.
reñidoOraciones de ejemplo
- And last season excepted, veteran Robert Horry knows how to produce in tight games and the postseason.
- His willingness to handle the scoring burden in tight games was another sign of his maturity.
- There isn't a quarterback in the league you'd rather have going for you in the fourth quarter of a tight game.
- 2 2.1 (firm)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (strict)
(security)he keeps a tight hold on expenditure
- Flynn wants to keep a tight grip on the purse strings.
- Not only do they survive childbirth and carrying heavy loads, they know how to keep a tight grip on luck, love and happiness.
- He reached up and patted her horse with his bandaged hand, careful to keep a tight grip on the reigns with the other as they walked down the broad main street.
estrictomantiene estricto control sobre los gastostight credit controlspolítica (feminine) de crédito restringidoOraciones de ejemplo
- Security chiefs have decided to impose tight controls to prevent terrorists from slipping into the country.
- The peasantry in 1300 were living in a world where land was scarce and opportunities for economic advancement were limited by the tight controls of the landowners.
- The US has since pursued a systematic policy aimed at keeping the UN under tight control.
- 3 3.1 (sharp)(bend)
cerradoOraciones de ejemplo3.2 (closely formed)
(knot/knitting)small, tight handwriting
- These bends were so tight that only short, relatively ineffective nets could be used.
- They will also be racing on the wider expanses of a course that offers a much fairer test of ability than the tight turns and short straight at the Valley.
- A useful escape tactic to a prey is to initiate a turn before predator closure and rely on a tight turn radius for escape.
apretadoletra (feminine) pequeña y apretadaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I simply held the fabric tight front and back of the presser foot and let the machine do its work.
- It was lying loose and not stretched tight when the drawings were made.
- She also threw on a pair of black slacks that stretched tight over her thin legs.
- They held together and went down the street in tight formation, flanked by cops on all sides.
- Gophers clump their mounds together in tight groups, and these are flatter and fan-shaped with off-center holes.
- We stayed together in a tight group as we approached the house.
- 4 4.1 (taut) a tight feeling in the chestuna opresión en el pecho4.2 (not leaky)(seal)
herméticoOraciones de ejemplo
- Pigs have died after a ventilation failure in a tight building.
- If the house is fairly tight, the simplest route for makeup air to enter the structure is often the unused fireplace chimney.
- A tight home can literally use up enough air that the fireplace flue is the only route for a fresh supply of outside air available.
- 5 (hard to obtain)(supplies)jobs are/credit is very tight at the moment
escasoestá muy difícil conseguir trabajo/préstamos
- 6 (difficult, problematic)(situation)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda