Traducción de timber en español:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (material) madera (feminine) ([ para construcción ]) to be managerial/presidential timber (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) tener* madera de directivo/presidente (before noun/delante del nombre) [house] de madera timber merchant (comerciante (masculine and feminine)) maderero, (masculine, feminine), comerciante de madera (masculine and feminine) timber mill aserradero (masculine), aserrío (masculine) (Colombia) the timber trade la industria madereraOraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable/no numerable (trees) árboles (masculine plural) (madereros) timber! (as interjection/como interjección) ¡cuidado(, que cae)!
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable/numerable (beam) viga (feminine), madero (masculine)
- The rainforest is being cleared legally and illegally for timber, for pulp wood to make paper, and to make way for oil palm plantations.
- An abundance of coppice woods, known as spring woods, were required to provide charcoal, tan bark, fuel wood and timber.
- They cleared some of the natural broadleaf woodland to make way for sheep pastures; they also coppiced or managed other parts of the woodland for timber and firewood.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 countable/numerable [Nautical/Náutica] cuaderna (feminine) shiver me timbers! [archaic] ¡voto a bríos! [arcaico]
- Today, top grade oak timber is increasingly hard to find, with borer-perforated trees more suitable for paper or pulpwood.
- That's because until seedlings reach green-up, regulations keep adjacent cut blocks of marketable timber off limits to loggers.
- The cooperative has formed forest protection teams that have helped in the confiscation of illegally cut timber.
- The low, irregular ceiling is crisscrossed with beams made from ships' timbers and a log fire crackles merrily in the hearth.
- The house or building is reinforced with timbers supporting the floors inside.
- Cedar, fir, and pine were the preferred ship timbers of the ancient Mediterranean.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to