Traducción de timber en español:
- 1.1 uncountable (material)madera (feminine) (para construcción)to be managerial/presidential timber (especially American English)tener madera de directivo/presidente(before noun) (house)timber merchant
de madera(comerciante (masculine and feminine) ) maderero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)timber mill the timber trade
comerciante de madera (masculine and feminine)la industria madereraOraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable (trees)
árboles (masculine plural) (madereros)timber! (as interjection)¡cuidado(, que cae)!Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable (beam)
- The rainforest is being cleared legally and illegally for timber, for pulp wood to make paper, and to make way for oil palm plantations.
- An abundance of coppice woods, known as spring woods, were required to provide charcoal, tan bark, fuel wood and timber.
- They cleared some of the natural broadleaf woodland to make way for sheep pastures; they also coppiced or managed other parts of the woodland for timber and firewood.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 countable (Nautical) shiver me timbers! [archaic]
- Today, top grade oak timber is increasingly hard to find, with borer-perforated trees more suitable for paper or pulpwood.
- That's because until seedlings reach green-up, regulations keep adjacent cut blocks of marketable timber off limits to loggers.
- The cooperative has formed forest protection teams that have helped in the confiscation of illegally cut timber.
¡voto a bríos! [arcaico]
- The low, irregular ceiling is crisscrossed with beams made from ships' timbers and a log fire crackles merrily in the hearth.
- The house or building is reinforced with timbers supporting the floors inside.
- Cedar, fir, and pine were the preferred ship timbers of the ancient Mediterranean.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda