Traducción de timber en español:
- 1.1 uncountable (material)to be managerial/presidential timber (especially American English)tener madera de directivo/presidente(before noun) (house)timber merchantde maderatimber mill the timber trade(comerciante (masculine and feminine) ) maderero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)la industria madereraOraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable (trees)
timber! (as interjection)árboles (masculine plural) (madereros)¡cuidado(, que cae)!Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable (beam)
- The rainforest is being cleared legally and illegally for timber, for pulp wood to make paper, and to make way for oil palm plantations.
- An abundance of coppice woods, known as spring woods, were required to provide charcoal, tan bark, fuel wood and timber.
- They cleared some of the natural broadleaf woodland to make way for sheep pastures; they also coppiced or managed other parts of the woodland for timber and firewood.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 countable (Nautical) shiver me timbers! [archaic]
- Today, top grade oak timber is increasingly hard to find, with borer-perforated trees more suitable for paper or pulpwood.
- That's because until seedlings reach green-up, regulations keep adjacent cut blocks of marketable timber off limits to loggers.
- The cooperative has formed forest protection teams that have helped in the confiscation of illegally cut timber.
¡voto a bríos! [arcaico]
- The low, irregular ceiling is crisscrossed with beams made from ships' timbers and a log fire crackles merrily in the hearth.
- The house or building is reinforced with timbers supporting the floors inside.
- Cedar, fir, and pine were the preferred ship timbers of the ancient Mediterranean.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.