Traducción de tone en español:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (quality of sound, voice) from the tone of her voice I could tell that …don't speak to your mother in that tone of voice!por el tono de voz me di cuenta de que …¡no le hables a tu madre en ese tono!Oraciones de ejemplo1.2
also: tones plural(sound)(voice)1.3 countable (Linguistics)tono (masculine) ascendente/descendenteOraciones de ejemplo
- I can see their expression and hear their tone of voice now, clear as anything.
- She was excited, but couldn't manage a happy tone of voice to express it.
- I could see some of the excitement drain out of her expression and her tone of voice changed.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 countable (Telecom)
- Ethnic Liberian languages usually contain two or three distinct tones, based on pitch, which indicate semantic or grammatical differences.
- Chinese pronunciation involves four tones, each indicated by a tone mark.
- Every syllable has an associated tone or pitch - high, low, medium, falling, rising, or whatever.
- In English, these tones suggest finality, the fall frequently occurring at the end of a statement, the rise at the end of a yes-no question.
- 2 countable (shade)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The paintings seem at first to be sombre in tone, coloured mostly by umbers and sepia-like hues.
- His visible brushstrokes in the foreground and creamy subdued tones interspersed with bright oranges and red hues are very seductive.
- Other than delicate pink flesh tones, heavenly shades of blue predominate, accented with green and white.
- 3 3.1 uncountable (mood, style) the tone of the speech/articleto set the toneel tono del discurso/artículothe tone of the market (Finance)marcar la pauta3.2 uncountable (standard, level) to raise/lower the tone of somethingla tónica or tendencia del mercadolevantar/bajar el nivel de algoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yes, his name is uttered amongst the musical cognoscenti in hushed tones.
- By the time the entrées arrived, I found myself taking tiny bites and talking in hushed tones about the quality of the parsnips in my soup.
- She started to laugh, the musical tones reverberating through the halls before quieting.
- The general tone of the piece is cynical, morbid and unpleasantly other-worldly.
- The general tone of the piece was quite positive.
- She'd written most of the lyrics, and it was surprising that he'd caught on about the general tone of the piece.
- 4 uncountable (of muscle) exercise helps keep your body in toneel ejercicio te ayuda a mantener el tono muscularOraciones de ejemplo
- The Apgar score was based on heart rate, respiratory effort, muscle tone, reflex irritability, and skin color.
- I agree with him that upper airway muscle tone is decreased during sleep and is an important component of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Physical exercise also is encouraged to assist in weight reduction and increase muscle tone.
- 5 countable (Music) 5.1 (interval) 5.2 (note)(American English)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- His mobile telephone rang with a tone indicating he was in Spain but was switched off without a word being said.
- The harsh tone of the telephone disrupts my slumber.
- I make sure the volume on my beep tone is always turned up as high as it will go.
- He uses this music to introduce octaves, accented rhythms, a whole tone scale and a continuous cross-hand pattern.
- At the climax of the third chant, she so subdivides her forces that eventually, all twelve tones of the chromatic scale are encompassed.
- The Hellenistic mind of the Byzantines allowed musicians to draw systems of tones from the music of ancient Greece.
- 1.1 (revitalize) 1.2 (Photography)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- With the toner used at full strength, the print should be fully toned in about six to eight minutes.
- Unlike selenium, which selectively tones the low values first, gold toners tend to affect the entire image at once.
- Sepia toning originally was developed to extend the archival life of early black-and-white silver-based prints.
- Kata training is great for defense, raising your level of fitness, toning your body muscles and releasing those dangerously high levels of stress.
- It strengthens and tones your muscles, raises your body's metabolism and knocks up to six inches off your waist, hips and stomach measurement in a single session
- It is also great for toning your upper body, arms and leg muscles.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than