Traducción de touch en español:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (sense) they have a highly developed sense of touchsmooth to the touchtienen muy desarrollado el tacto or el sentido del tactoOraciones de ejemplo1.2 countable (physical contact) Ver ejemplos: the cold touch of marble
at the touch of a buttonel tacto frío del mármolthe merest touch is enough to set off the alarm she longed for his touchcon solo tocar un botónhe needs to develop a lighter touch on the pianoañoraba sus abrazos ( or caricias etc)to be a soft touch [colloquial]I'll ask Uncle Harry; he's a soft touchtiene que aprender a tocar el piano con más suavidadforeign tourists are a soft touch for these conmenle pediré el dinero al tío Harry, que es un buenazolos turistas extranjeros son presa fácil para estos estafadores
- Even if one is blessed with the senses of touch, smell, speech and hearing, it is sight that gives shape to imagination.
- They were doing this with their hands in the dark with just a flashlight, and just using their senses of touch, smell and sight.
- The wall will include different pieces of artwork to stimulate various senses including touch, smell, sight and sound.
- 2 countable (small amount, degree — of humor, irony)(— of paint)add a touch of vinegar/saltthere's a touch of autumn in the airagregue unas gotas de vinagre/una pizca de sala touch of feverhay algo otoñal en el ambientea touch (as adverb)un poco de fiebreunos quintos de fiebre (Latin America)a touch closer to the wallun poquitoit should have a touch less/more sugaralgo or un poquito más cerca de la pareddebería tener algo or un poquito menos/más de azúcarOraciones de ejemplo
- A touch of Mardi Gras with a carnival type atmosphere was the end result and children of all ages had a memorable experience on this special occasion in Tubbercurry.
- A touch of first night nerves hit the more experienced actors hardest, as one might expect but no doubt they disappeared as the week progressed.
- A touch of Superstar Complacency had set in, I thought - which is a bit rich when you haven't even released your first single yet.
- 3 3.1 countable (detail) it was a nice touch to mention …the script has some surreal touchesfue un detalle simpático hacer mención de …to add o put the final o finishing touches/touch to somethingel guión tiene algunos detalles or elementos surrealistas3.2 (effect) (no plural) the personal touchdarle los últimos toques/el último toque a algothere's a touch of Groucho Marx about himel toque personaltiene algo de Groucho MarxOraciones de ejemplo
- Also offered is lunchtime delivery service, which, if you happen to work in the area, is a nice touch - call for details.
- While a little light in content, this was an interesting feature and a nice touch.
- A nice touch is the addition of plasma tv screens to watch sporting events while you play.
- 4 (skill) (no plural) he handles the scene with a sure touchafter 30 years he still hasn't lost his touch with an audiencemaneja la escena con gran habilidada politician with the common touchaun después de 30 años no ha perdido la habilidad de cautivar al públicoun político que está en sintonía con el puebloOraciones de ejemplo
- The Prime Minister, we are told, is losing his touch.
- However, I'm going to shout that honestly, Rick, you are losing your touch.
- But there are signs that he could be losing his touch for self-promotion.
- 5 uncountable (communication) Ver ejemplos: to get/keep o stay in touch with somebodykeep in touchponerse/mantenerse en contacto con alguienI'll be in touchmanténte en contactoescribe/llama de vez en cuandono te pierdas [colloquial]I lost touch with her two years agoya te escribiré ( or llamaré etc)the British runners are losing touch with the leadershace dos años que no sé nada de ella or que perdí el contacto con ellahe's not in touch with his spiritual needslos corredores británicos se están quedando rezagadoshow can I get in touch with you?no es consciente de sus necesidades espiritualesI'm a bit out of touch with what's happening¿cómo me puedo poner en contacto con usted?¿cómo lo puedo contactar?they're completely out of touchno estoy muy al corriente or al tanto de lo que está pasandothe Government is out of touch with the electorateno tienen ni ideaI can put them in touch with a good lawyerel gobierno está desconectado del electoradolos puedo poner en contacto con un buen abogado
- 1 1.1 (with finger, hand) he touched her handplease do not touch the exhibitsle tocó la mano1.2 (brush, graze) she felt the grass touching her facese ruega no tocarthe clouds were touched with pink [literary]sintió como la hierba le rozaba la cara1.3 (be in physical contact with) the bed was touching the walllas nubes estaban teñidas de rosala cama estaba pegada a or tocaba la paredOraciones de ejemplo1.4 (approach) [colloquial]to touch somebody
- Its majestic branches drooped dramatically, some nearly touching the ground, but all providing a cozy little curtain whenever the crew decided to hang around at its grassy base.
- She was curled up in a cozy little ball with her arms around her knees, nightshirt trailing beneath her like a ghostly shroud, not quite touching the floor.
- He was incredibly professional looking, his black and gray robes nearly touching the floor.
forsomethinghe touched me for $50to touch somebody for a loanme pidió 50 dólaresdarle un sablazo or (River Plate area) pechazo a alguien [colloquial]pedirle dinero prestado a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The yen, meanwhile, held in check by Japan's central bank, can only manage a 41-month high, touching levels last seen in late 2000.
- From any standard this level is said to be touching the poverty line, but statistics show that despite the government's claims poverty is on the rise.
- The housing loan, the key component of the advance portfolio, touched the level of Rs 110 crore.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Sasha, a charity worker, is more interested in cosying up to big fish than touching them for their money.
- So in a fit of sentimentality and with the keen realization that the guy still has a couple hundred grand that you haven't touched him for yet, you name your first born after it.
- You can touch Evan for the occasional meal or drinks but a million bucks is crossing the line.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He didn't grip her tightly but barely let his fingers touch her body.
- A mother who picks up an affected new-born baby suddenly discovers she has left a trail of blisters across its body - just by touching it gently.
- Stealthily I moved in, until I was so close I could have actually touched the little body that lay motionless in the grass in front of me.
- They reached, and for one agonising moment they touched fingers…
- She hands him back his credit card, and their fingers touch for a moment.
- Their hands touched slightly and Ann pulled back as though she had been burned.
- 2 2.1 (reach) Ver ejemplos: she leaped out as soon as the boat touched the shoreI can't touch my toessaltó del bote en cuanto este llegó a la orillamy feet don't touch the bottom (of pool)no llego or no alcanzo a tocarme los piesthe speedometer was touching 140mphno hago pieno toco fondosales touched rock bottom in Juneel velocímetro marcaba 140mph2.2 (equal) (usually negative) nobody can touch her in this type of rolelas ventas tocaron fondo en juniothere's nothing to touch milk as a cure for heartburnes inigualable or no tiene rival en este tipo de papelno hay nada como la leche para la acidez estomacalOraciones de ejemplo
- There's no one who can touch Noble for flights of nonsensical fancy.
- Chris [Cormier] can't touch Flex for symmetry and structure, and that's why I expect a lighter and better Wheeler to finish a strong second behind Ronnie.
- But when it comes to building lovable robots, no-on can touch Sony for cuteness (and no, they're not on sale yet).
- 3 (usually negative) 3.1 (interfere with) don't touch anythingshe can't touch the inheritance till she's twenty-oneno toques nada3.2 (attend to, deal with) Ver ejemplos: I haven't touched my Japanese for weeksno puede tocar la herencia hasta los veintiún añosthe local garage won't touch foreign carsno he tocado un libro de japonés desde hace varias semanasarticles touching every current issueen el taller del barrio no quieren saber nada de coches extranjeros3.3 (eat, drink) he didn't touch his lunchartículos (masculine plural) concernientes a todo tipo de temas de actualidadshe never touches alcoholno tocó la comidano probó bocadono prueba el alcoholOraciones de ejemplo
- The Deep has managed to build up credit worth £2.9m, but because it is a registered charity, does not pay tax, and therefore cannot touch the money.
- Are we still not touching money today because it's dirty?
- Since you cannot touch the money until you retire, you no longer have a rainy-day fund, or a down payment for a house.
- 4 4.1 (affect, concern) the nuclear threat touches all of us4.2 (move emotionally) Ver ejemplos: he was touched by her kindnessla amenaza nuclear nos afecta a todosI'm very touchedsu amabilidad lo enterneció or le llegó al almaI was deeply touched¡cuánto se lo agradezco!me emocionéOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I hadn't touched the gear handle or flaps after the shot, and, therefore, reasoned the gear and flaps still were down.
- Nevertheless, these are dangerous animals and should not be touched or interfered with in any way by divers.
- McLaren were also fined even though the contents of the box were not touched and were legal.
- This was a concert for those touched by dispossession and resistance.
- When one talks about reforms in the Muslim community, none of the important organisations touch these issues.
- Thanks for a great analysis touching many of the important bases.
Verbos con partícula
- 1verb + adverb 1.1 (Aerospace, Aviation) (on land)
- 1.1 (alter, enhance)
- → touch on
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.