transitive verb/verbo transitivo/trænsˈfɔːrm; trænsˈfɔːm; trɑːn-/
- 1.1 (change) [place/person] transformar when she dyed her hair she was completely transformed cuando se tiñó el pelo parecía otra their lives were transformed by the inheritance la herencia les cambió totalmente la vidaMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Electricity/Electricidad] [current] transformar
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas][ sustituir las incógnitas (de una ecuación) por sus valores expresados en forma algebraica ]
- She adjusts her breasts and runs her hand over her hair, as she transforms into her character.
- And then, as I get older, it transforms into something else.
- This passage explicitly thematizes the way human temporality is experienced as some form of spatial movement - how space transforms into time.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Those receive their 11,000 volt current underground and then transform it to a voltage suitable for the domestic consumers in just one or two roads or streets.
- The wind plant captures and transforms wind energy into direct current electricity.
- There the signal is passed through the skin to the implant, which transforms the signal to electrical pulses.
- He replaced the differential operator d/dx by a variable p transforming a differential equation into an algebraic equation.
- Variables were transformed with natural logarithms or square roots to normalize residuals.
- He used them to transform Laplace's equation into ellipsoidal coordinates and so separate the variables and solve the resulting equation.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/trænsˈfɔːrm; trænsˈfɔːm; trɑːn-/
noun/nombre/ˈtrænsfɔːrm; ˈtrænsfɔːm; ˈtrɑːn-/
- [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] transformación (feminine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.