Traducción de true en español:
adjective truer, truest
- 1 1.1 (consistent with fact, reality) Ver ejemplos: to be trueit's true that …ser ciertoser verdadit can't be true!es cierto or es verdad que …it's a true story¡no puede ser!to come truees una historia verídicato hold truehacerse realidadtrue, inflation has fallen, but … how true! o too true!ser válidoyou never said o spoke a truer word!¡si será cierto!it would be truer to say that …¡tú lo has dicho!would it be true to say that … ?sería más correcto decir que …they're so stupid it's not true¿podría afirmarse que …?1.2 (accurate, exact) (before noun)parece mentira que sean tan tontosson increíblemente tontos(account)(copy)the portrait was a true likeness of herin the truest sense of the wordel retrato la había captado a la perfecciónOraciones de ejemplo
- They're working hard at trying to redress all of this and come to a true, exact count.
- They are not, however, true or accurate representations of either the West or the East.
- Introducing the members of his team and the cast at a function, Bala said that the film would depict love in its true sense.
- 2 (real, actual, genuine) (before noun)(purpose/courage/culprit)a true Mexican/Frenchmangive me your true opinionun mexicano/francés auténticoin search of our true selvesdime de verdad lo que piensasthe rowan is not a true ashen busca de nuestra verdadera identidadtrue northel serbal no es un auténtico or verdadero fresnoit's true loveel norte geográficosee also → truelovees amor de verdadOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Buddha discovered that the genuine, true thing we keep looking for isn't there at all.
- I consider that the Family Court does not have true and genuine evidence to support their decision.
- This was the search for the genuine goal and true essence or martial arts on which he spent most of his time.
- It dealt with some of the real, true issues of what this Government is really all about.
- Statements to the press are now the key in determining true intentions.
- Yet this is not an actual or true experience, because it does not recur the next day or anytime soon.
- 3 (faithful) twelve good men and truetruedoce hombres justos
tosomething/somebodyto be true to one's wordfiel aalgo/alguienhe was true to his promiseser fiel a or mantener su ( or mi etc) palabraI must remain true to myselfcumplió su promesacumplió lo prometidothe film is not at all true to the booktengo que ser consecuente conmigo mismotrue to his prediction …la película no es en absoluto fiel al librotrue to formtrue to form, he arrived lateconforme a sus predicciones …the team, true to recent form, played brilliantlycomo era de esperar, llegó tardeshe was running true to form, telling everyone what to do see also → true-to-lifeel equipo, siguiendo su tónica actual, jugó estupendamenteOraciones de ejemplo
- He was faithful, true, a loyal friend, a good son, and he was wise beyond his years.
- She is remembered as a devoted family woman and a true and loyal friend.
- You have made an oath and a pledge that you will be a faithful, true and loyal citizen of the United Kingdom.
- 4 (Technology) (predicative) to be true (wall/upright)estar a plomo(beam)estar a nivel(wheel/axle)estar alineado or centrado(instrument)his aim is trueestar bien calibradotiene buena punteríaOraciones de ejemplo
- It will lead to a displacement of the user positioning solution from the true position.
- Only then could I feel confident and proud that my aim was true, and that I was indeed a great hunter.
- In both directions, the bubble stayed exactly in the middle so I knew that this edge of the level was true.
- 1.1 (truthfully) [literary](speak)tell me true 1.2 (accurately)con sinceridad(aim/shoot)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Despite the distance and the wind, Hooper had aimed true.
- But Martin had played true.
- He spoke truer than he knew, or else he had foreseen the course of events.
- By my faith, he may find that he spoke truer than he is aware of.
- Adam Smith never spoke truer than when he said: "Work is done in the workplace, but the real business of life is usually accomplished while entertaining".
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.