Traducción de truss en español:
- 1 1.1 (for roof, bridge)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (Medicine)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We had to dismantle the roof structure without any trusses or center ring apparatus free-falling.
- Again, two crossbeams with camel's hump-shaped braces support the roof truss, and there is no king post.
- To provide this stability, the roof trusses were connected by pins to reinforced-concrete buttresses, or thrust blocks, at each end.
- For symptomatic hernias in younger men a truss may allow continuation of heavy work with greater comfort while awaiting operation.
- Wearing a truss may help to relieve the discomfort of a hernia, but will not improve the condition, and in some cases can cause further damage.
- A truss is rarely used nowadays, only when surgery is not possible or needs to be delayed.
- 2 2.1 (of fruit)(of flowers) ramo (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (of hay, straw) (British)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Flowers were pollinated by hand and trusses pruned to four fruit.
- A weekly assessment of the number of flowers per truss and trusses per plant was also made.
- All axillary buds were removed, and six fruits were retained per truss.
- In 1795, Parliament specified that a truss of hay should equal 56 pounds for old hay or 60 pounds (about 27.2 kilograms) for new hay.
- But when Saturday morning came the thief got up early and hid himself under a truss of hay in the hayloft.
- A truss of hay of 66 pounds is therefore equal to 28 pounds of oats, or a bushel of the best oats will go as far as one truss and a half of hay.
apuntalarOraciones de ejemplo
- The response of engineers to this disaster was to go back to building bridges with reinforced trussed decks.
- Traditional construction of trussed roofs has these timbers built into the main walls for bearing in what is the most likely part of the wall to be wet.
- Unseen above the ceiling of the nave, inserted in 1670-1, is Kempley's second exceptional feature, its roof of trussed rafter construction.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda