- 1 (basement) sótano (masculine) wine vault bodega (feminine), cava (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In recent years the British Museum the V&A and the Dulwich Picture Gallery have all reported losses from open displays or storage vaults.
- The diary sent to the storage vaults of the museum, hidden from the outside world, all but forgotten.
- There is a theory that the wine cellar could have been a Bulgarian invention, because monks in the country were said to have been the first people to store wine in cool vaults deep underground.
- 2 (strongroom) cámara (feminine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bullion was never returned and officials believe it is now stored in the vaults of the Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi.
- Some ‘investments’, such as gem stones, are often said to be stored in Swiss bank vaults, so you can never see them.
- The silver and gold bullion is stored in underground treasury vaults at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
- 3 (crypt) cripta (feminine) the family vault el panteón familiarMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By the time his body was laid to rest in the family vault in Paddington Old Churchyard in August 1780, he appears to have been impoverished and did not leave a will.
- He was buried in the family vault in the church at Bawdsey, Suffolk.
- That stone up there has guarded the entrance to the burial vault at West Kennet Long Barrow for 4000 years.
- 4 [Architecture/Arquitectura] bóveda (feminine) the vault of heaven [literary/literario] la bóveda celeste [literary/literario]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gothic architecture has a particular look: the pointed or ogival arch, ribbed vaults, rose windows, towers, and tremendous height in the nave, supported by flying buttresses.
- There is a noticeable acoustic difference between a church with a wooden roof and a similar building with a stone vault, as many choristers will testify.
- The formerly dark space is now transformed by a series of flowing vaults terminating in a new, open family room.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- saltar ([ apoyándose en algo ]) he vaulted over the fence saltó (por encima de) la cerca
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (leap) salto (masculine)